Magnavox 27MT5005D/37

knives4lessApril 29, 2007

I purchased a 23" Magnavox in 1985 and used it with no trouble until this year. Rather than repair it, we bought a Magnavox 27MT5005D/37. This TV died after 110 days of operation and is out of warantee. It comes on slowly and has a perfect picture for 5 sec after which it goes dead and flashes the trouble code 11-9-1. It has to be unplugged to stop the flashing.

I called the local Magnavox repair center but they want a minimum of $150 to look at it. The TV only cost $250 and we are intending to junk it in 2009 when the plug is pulled on SDTV. This is not an economical repair.

Before becoming a cutler, I was a licensed two-way radio repairman and feel that I could repair it myself if I knew what the trouble code indicates. I called Magnavox but they stated that the trouble code listings are available only to their authorized repair centers.

Larry

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texan168

Through a little research on the web a few people have listed fault codes for things like micros. I would bet they are out there for tvs as well. Try the appliance summarai. stupid I know but I have checked some of the fault codes he has listed and they are correct.Unfortunately i dont work on tvs and am unable to help you directly

Bookmark   May 4, 2007 at 10:28PM
More Discussions
cinemax
we have cinemax on our cable tv service. we dont pay...
stoveguyy
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
stoveguyy
OTA, I'm Back
I got rid of cable and now am using a converterbox...
boothbay
seek expert on plug-in wax-tart warmers
I bought this plug-in tart warmer via the Net, made-in-china,...
jally
why do I have to "install"apps on my tablet?
So why do I have to install apps on my tablet that...
clairebuoyant
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™