older husqvarna reader writer, need help, please!!!!

quiltlady1941August 6, 2007

I have a #1+ viking embroidery machine and I have the software customizing system version 1.2, it is one of the very first ones that they came out with, I think. I bought it use along with my machine. I have had it on windows 98 for 8 years or more and it worked like a dream, it had everything that I needed, which isn't much, I just wanted to transfer designs to a card and put it in my machine to sew out.Also I like the fonts.

My windows 98 crashed so now I have a computer runnung XP, I loaded the software and it works just like it did on my old computer did.But I

can not get the box to work, When I try to transfer a design to it I get a message no LPT port available. This boxs connects to a LPT port. Can anyone help me out on this, I'm just about to the end of my ropes on this one. Please help me if you can. Viking wants me to buy new software which I really can't afford. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
VickyJ

This happened to me a long time ago, and I have since bought a D1. I'm not a computer geek, but my husband is. I believe he went to the viking web site and down loaded something to make it work. Sorry I'm not much help. The #1+ machines are great. I still kept mine, but use it to sew only. No embroidery on it since I got my D1.

Bookmark   August 8, 2007 at 10:50PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
juju01

I had a computer with serial ports that I used to work my Ultimate Box(my reader/writer box) by Vikant but I had to get a new computer and the new ones are Vista and have USB ports. My son got me a serial to usb connector and now I'm back in business Does this help? I don't know what an LPT port is so maybe we're talking different things here...

Bookmark   September 4, 2007 at 2:49PM
More Discussions
Hand Embroidery Tips & Techniques
I came across this site earlier today and wanted to...
lola8325 zone5KS
PE Design Software
I lost my PE design2 when I changed computers.I am...
Jmyelou
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
hand embroidery needle HELP!!!
Hi! I need to find a specific type of embroidery needle:...
elenatogn
New to Machine Embroidery...Brother Innovis 4000D
Hi Everyone: I have just discovered this forum and...
SewReel
Sponsored Products
Barton 1-drawer Side Table
Overstock.com
Fresh Catch Wall Art - PP-1054
$62.99 | Hayneedle
Juno Black Gimbal Track Bullet Light
$39.95 | Lamps Plus
Christy Sumatra Boudoir Cushion - 120005457380380460
$39.00 | Hayneedle
Elenco 200-In-1 Electronic Project Lab - MX-907
$92.95 | Hayneedle