oh no!! spilled the baby oil!!!!!!!!

Deb_from_PaJune 18, 2002

on my wallpaper. How can I get it out? Anybody have this problem? I tried full strength degreaser, and powder, neither worked. Tomorrow I am gonna try soaking it up a little with vinegar and then sprinkling baking soda on it and see if it will bubble out. I use this to clean out my sink drains and also on my clothes for a stain and normally it works on most everything if I catch it in time

Anybody got any other ideas?

Thanks a million

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Duane_M

If it were me, I'd try an oil based cleaner to get out an oil based stain. There are several out there made with orange and coconut oils... good luck

Bookmark   June 19, 2002 at 2:29AM
twelvepole

Wallpaper, unless it is vinyl coated, tends to be asborbent. While applying talcum powder or cornstarch to absorb excess oil, you will more than likely be left with a permanent stain. Cleaning the surface of the wallpaper will only clean the surface and not remove the oil absorbed deep into the wallpaper. Avoid harsh cleaners that may make the wallpaper look worse than it already does.

Bookmark   June 19, 2002 at 7:52AM
trekaren

Removed fresh oil from clothes using sweet-n-low (the pink stuff not the blue stuff). But that would probably only work if the oil spill is still pretty fresh.

Bookmark   June 19, 2002 at 10:43AM
Geoff

Vinegar is often used to remove wallpaper. I'm guessing you may end up having to replace that sheet anyway. But I do wish you best of luck in removing the oil!

Bookmark   June 19, 2002 at 3:59PM
browntoestoo

I'm probably a bit late but I would try a spray-on spot dry cleaning product like K2R. It has a powder that absorbs the oil. Leave it on for a day and then gently brush it off. This stuff works great, too, on your dry-clean only clothes to prevent spots from setting before your get things to the cleaners. You know, like the salad dressing that splashed onto your blouse during lunch.

Bookmark   June 23, 2002 at 12:23AM
Deb_from_Pa

Great idea Browntoes. Geez, I thought I had thought of everything Ha!
Thanks all

Bookmark   June 24, 2002 at 6:45AM
More Discussions
Bad Contractor
My wife and I are nearing the end of a bad experience...
KitchenDad
Any young ladies feeling like you don't have a voice?
I moved in to my grandparents home. I am updating it....
avadoone
Chimney waterproofing
Hi I desperately need help here First time home owner Today...
mishyq
Bleach on carpet
Okay, posted at one fo the other boards, but I am desperate!! Hello,...
Jessarlyn
Dealing with a crazy neighbor
Condensed version: My neighbor aggressively pounds...
dtxgal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™