Help in deciding what machine to buy???

glosing3August 14, 2006

Hi..I want to begin to embroider and I need a machine. I don't have much money to spend so want to get the best bang for my buck. We have a babylok and singer place here and they run down all other machines. I am so confused about what to get. I have heard good things about the sc270D Brother but then I read some awful things. I supposed it will be this way about all machines. I want to be able to get designs off web. I want to do home things and gifts. Do I need bigger that 4*4 size embroidery? Thanks so much for helping.

Glo

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maemaescreations

Hi, I have the SE-270D. I just purchased it a few weeks ago, but it seems to work great. It does have a 4x4 design area, but you can buy a bigger hoop as an accessory. You will find software, fonts, & designs are expensive. You can download designs free at many sites. I would recommend this machine to a beginner. I can see where someone who really gets into embroidery would want to upgrade, but I think it will be a great learning tool for me without breaking the bank. I found ebay to have the lowest price :) Also, if you are going to download designs, you will need software and the memory card to transfer the images to the machine. Be sure to look into all of that. Good luck and I hope this helps :)

Bookmark   August 15, 2006 at 1:03AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stitchntime9

How much have you budgeted for this machine, needles, stabilizers, machine embroidery thread (can't use regular sewing thread), and all the other accessories you will need. An extra hoop will cost you around $65.

Once you choose a machine and read the manual, you will find out whether you will need a reader/writer box or not.

Bookmark   August 15, 2006 at 8:38AM
More Discussions
Brother PC8500 Memory Card
I recently acquired a Brother PC8500. As this is my...
rschum6718
beginner to embroidery, need help!
I just purchased and received today, a Brother SE400...
abshelby
P E Design v4.02 software question
I bought a used emb. machine exactly like one I already...
dancingirl_gw
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
Wanting to know more about machine embroidery
A friend brought back from France a really beautiful...
Ennoh
Sponsored Products
Capri Wrangler Rectangular: 5 Ft. 3 In. x 7 Ft. 10 In. Rug
$199.00 | Bellacor
Memory Foam Countour Pet Lounger Dog Bed
$199.00 | FRONTGATE
Simbel Indoor Area Rug - 1'10" x 3'3"
Grandin Road
Tan Taylor Lined Grommet Curtain Panel
$19.99 | zulily
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Sisal Area Rug: Lanart Rugs Black 5 ft. x 8 ft. SISAL5X8BK
$89.99 | Home Depot
Rose Fur 3-piece Comforter Set
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™