SE270D thread piling up

auntnana21August 8, 2007

I have a new SE270D and am having trouble with the thread. It keeps winding/piling/bunching up under the plate. I've cleaned the shuttle, changed needles, etc. and it keeps happening. I'm trying to make a rectangle patch. I'm using embroidery thread in top and bottom, I'm using canvas type material on heavy duty stabilizer. It's to the point that I have to pry up the material and cut the thread from the bottom. I thought it might be the material combination so I tried a piece of cotton fabric with tear away and then water sol and it did the same thing. I even tried just fabric by itself. Please help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msmeow

Here are a few things to check:

Are the feed dogs up?
Is the presser foot down?
Is the embroidery unit engaged properly?
Is the hoop attached properly?
Is the embroidery arm hitting something?

If you can't detect anything wrong with the machine, maybe it's something in the design you are using - poor digitizing, too dense for your machine/fabric, etc.

If it does seem like something with the machine, take it back where you bought it and make them fix it!

Donna

Bookmark   August 9, 2007 at 12:00PM
auntnana21

All the things you pointed out seem to be working properly. Maybe I'll re-create the design. It's a simple rectangle with text in the middle. No fill in or anything.
Thanks for the reply!

Bookmark   August 9, 2007 at 3:38PM
bunybabe

You might try bobbin thread on the bottom and be sure you are using the right thread cap, sounds too simple but it cured the problem for me. Good luck!

Bookmark   May 13, 2008 at 12:54PM
More Discussions
separate forum for hand embroidery?
anyone else think this would be a good idea? machine...
mollyjanea
Need help with my Janome 350e
I have a Janome 350e. It has been sewing beautifully....
Hilary Motzouris
Viking embroidery machine software
I am interested in purchasing embroidery designing...
kiki31348
New to Machine Embroidery...Brother Innovis 4000D
Hi Everyone: I have just discovered this forum and...
SewReel
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™