no hoop embroidery

bryannoAugust 30, 2006

I am trying to embroider an initial on a insulated lunch bag. It is very thick and slippery and will not stay on my hoop. I have heard and read that you can embroider without the hoop. I tried it but my fabric was everywhere. I'm sure there is a technique to do this if someone could please help me out.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Islay_Corbel

I can't see how you can emb. without the hoop as that's what places the stitches. Have you used 505 spray to hold it in place on the stabiliser?

Bookmark   August 31, 2006 at 2:41AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stitcheasy2003

hi
You are talking about the hoopless embroidery, But you still use a hoop. I am telling you three different ways you can do hoopless embroidery. Number 1: Put your stabilizer in your hoop.You can use 505 temporary adhesive spray on the stabilizer, then put your bag on that. Lightly, press. The item sticks to the spray. You are not hooping the item itself, that is how you do hoopless embroidery.
Number 2:
Put your item on the stabilizer, pin it,(Using regular sewing straight pins.) Put on machine. Do a basting stitch on the machine, STOP just before pin (if its in the way)remove it. Remove all pins once basting stitch is done. Now do your embroidery.
Number 3:
You can buy sticky back stabilizer. You put the stabilizer in your hoop removing the peel of paper, then you have stickiness. Lay item on this and do embroidery. ok. I hope you understood everything. good luck.

Bookmark   August 31, 2006 at 7:46AM
More Discussions
Problem with HAINA machine (Tajima clone)
2 years ago I bought a 1 head 12 needles embroidery...
elis.g
thread breakage
Help please. I have a Futura CE200. All was well. Have...
crittersareme
Viking embroidery machine software
I am interested in purchasing embroidery designing...
kiki31348
Help!! Anyone have a Brother SE-270D embroidery unit?!
Help! I made a huge mistake. I knew nothing about sewing...
Caitmon
Help with embroidery
I just recieved the Brothers SE400 sewing and embroidery...
JordonWalker0722
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™