Defective Magnavox 20MT1331/17

Charles_FarleyApril 21, 2005

Problem: The TV is on yet I have no sound and no picture. Just a thin white line at the top of the screen. I am able to change the channel and go through the on screen menu system from my remote.

Help!

Thanks in advance.

Charles

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pee_wee

If you only have "a thin white line at the top of the screen", with no sound and no picture, how can you tell if you are changing the channel and how can you see the 'on screen menu'?

If you have no picture, no sound, but do have a visable 'on screen menu', then you have either a defective cable, defective tuner, or power to the tuner is missing.

This is strictly a guess, due to the poor symptoms listed.

good luck,

pw

Bookmark   April 25, 2005 at 3:50PM
canman1355

Hi Pee Wee,
I have a Magnavox 20mt1331/17 T.V. and it also comes on and has a 1" white line that flickers for about 5 seconds and then nothing. I saw another post with a 25" T.V. and you led him to the resister 3340. I also saw the one where you took another person to the resister close to the 3 wire plug-in on the board on this Model 20mt1331/17. I ohmed out the resister and it was bad, so I replaced it. After I replaced it I turned on the T.V. and the resister smoked and opened. Can you tell me what this resister protects? It looks like the tube but I am not sure. Do you have any suggestions.
Thanks,
canman1355

Bookmark   March 30, 2007 at 4:45AM
jimmbo42

I have a magnavox 20mt1331/17 (smart series) after i turn on the tv it takes a few seconds to lite up, but no picture its just blue with specks. it stray on for just a few seconds, and cuts off. I saw were u told some to replace resister #3340. I ckecked, but only have #3300-3318 on the board thats attached to the picture tub. what should i do. Please help.

Bookmark   July 3, 2010 at 2:53PM
More Discussions
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
stoveguyy
13.2v Battery Charger
The battery charger for my Craftsman drill has died...
randy427
Humidifier or Air Purifier?
I have been transfered to this city, with a small-size...
walker1846
seek expert on plug-in wax-tart warmers
I bought this plug-in tart warmer via the Net, made-in-china,...
jally
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
People viewed this after searching for:
t v
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™