Beach Screen bag

stitcheasy2003August 9, 2006

ello

My friend would like me to make a beach screen bag with fabric for her. I would like some ideas, on how to do this. Please. She wants fabric at the top or and at the bottom and screening in the middle. Strap or drawstring bag. thank you .

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chrisstitch

I have made the pet screen bags and they work very nicely for beach bags. The straps are made of pet screen also. The vinyl pet screen can be purchased at Lowes or Home Depot.It comes in black on large rolls.about $15.....and I have found the screen at fabris stores in yellow and green......a little pricey but not bad. One roll makes 5 or 6 tote bags depending on how large you make them..use your teflon foot if you have one.........add any fabric you like,,,cottons work well....so does upholsery fabric......straps are tri-folded strips of pet screen zig-zagged together....good luck Chris

Bookmark   August 12, 2006 at 7:22AM
fannymae49

You can go to www.embroiderylibrary.com Click on stitchers showcase in Kennys corner and he has done aproject of making this with pet screening and also tips that you can print out.

Bookmark   July 5, 2009 at 11:19AM
stashblaster

I purchased a pattern from Nancy Ota. The bag goes together quickly. I think it took about 3 hours to make. You can't beat the durability. The second bag that I'm making, I embroidered the word "Italia" above the pockets. This is for a friend.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nancy Ota patterns

Bookmark   July 9, 2009 at 8:27AM
More Discussions
Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software
Hi all, I have recently decided to try out the embroidery...
MaryPrim
New to Machine Embroidery...Brother Innovis 4000D
Hi Everyone: I have just discovered this forum and...
SewReel
list of free design sites
Does anyone have a list of site that have free designs?...
crittersareme
Brother PC8500 Memory Card
I recently acquired a Brother PC8500. As this is my...
rschum6718
pe design 2.0 help!!
hiya ive brought pe design 2.0 off of ebay its come...
mrsgeorge
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™