Marathon threads

starsgoalsAugust 16, 2004

Does anyone have a web address for on-line purchasing of Marathon embroidery threads within the USA. Also, what is your opinion of their threads?

Does anyone have any info on on-line purchasing of pre-wound bobbins for a Janome Memory Craft 5700? I ordered a supply a couple of years back but "shame on me" for not bookmarking the vendor.

Thanks,

Nancy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jenni_ca

I get my pre wound bobbins off Ebay.
Here is a link to some for your machine.

Here is a link that might be useful: pre wound bobbins

Bookmark   August 18, 2004 at 9:13AM
HappuCooker

I routinely use Marathon's poly threads and love them. and i buy prewound bobbins in black and white by the gross online.

Bookmark   August 18, 2004 at 8:30PM
starsgoals

Thank you for responding Jenni and Diana. Diana, do you have a web address for Marathon?

Nancy

Bookmark   August 18, 2004 at 9:25PM
Laura_IA

Nancy:
I use marathon thread (both rayon and poly) exclusively. Their web site is www.marathonusa.com. They have more than one location, so you might want to look and see which is closest to you. I order from Chicago and usually get my thread within a couple days.

Laura

Bookmark   August 18, 2004 at 11:39PM
starsgoals

Thanks, Laura. Is there much difference in the sheen of Marathon's poly versus rayon embroidery threads? Do you know how the vibrancy of Marathon's threads compares with Robison-Anton? I am certainly impressed with their advertised prices.

Nancy

Bookmark   August 19, 2004 at 9:58AM
Laura_IA

I've never used Robison-Anton, so I can't compare them, but I really don't see a difference in the colors and sheen of marathon's rayon and poly. Because of this, I'm slowly but surely switching to all poly. They look just the same to me, and the poly can even be bleached without fading.

Bookmark   August 19, 2004 at 7:31PM
HappuCooker

RA threads and marathons compare well, and marathon is so much cheaper. and laura's comment about the bleaching is why i switched to poly. i did bleach tests with cotton, poly and rayon thread on table linens and kids stuff and the poly fared the best.

and ask for a thread chart from marathon when you buy, it wil make future buying easier.

Bookmark   August 21, 2004 at 11:37AM
rubyjud

thanks for the info about the marathon threads...does anyone know of a place to get a color comparison chart....so many designs have a different thread brand number....it would be wonderful to be able to relate to other brands.....thanks for any info....I have been trying to find something like this...Judy in Louisiana...

Bookmark   October 8, 2004 at 8:57PM
More Discussions
list of free design sites
Does anyone have a list of site that have free designs?...
crittersareme
beginner to embroidery, need help!
I just purchased and received today, a Brother SE400...
abshelby
Bobbin Thread Rising into Embroideries
I have a new (since February) Huqsvarna Rose sewing/embroidery...
pchoench
Hand Embroidery Tips & Techniques
I came across this site earlier today and wanted to...
lola8325 zone5KS
pe design 2.0 help!!
hiya ive brought pe design 2.0 off of ebay its come...
mrsgeorge
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™