lower channels not coming in

roxannaApril 19, 2011

I have a two-year-old Sharp 18" color tv. Three months ago, channels 2-15 stopped coming in at all, previously they did. Got new cable box & remote from cable company, who fiddled around wIth their signals (remotely) and still nothing comes in on those channels. My husband thinks it is a problem with the tv itself, but I am wondering why that would be. The upper channels all work fine (the ones in the basic service we are supposed to receive). The lower channels are all the local NBC, CBS, PBS, etc. feeds.

Any suggestions/help welcome!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yosemitebill

From your description, it would appear you select the channels on the set top box and leave your television on the same channel (or video input) to view the cable channels.

If that is the case, and the cable company can not solve it remotely, tell them to send a technician out - it is a problem on their side.

If that is not the case, do you know if they recently upgraded the system from analog to digital cable?

Bookmark   April 19, 2011 at 8:56PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roxanna

thanks for the reply! I had thought it must be the cable company's problem, myself! Will set up for technician to come (hate to pay the fee, but want my channels!!!).

Bookmark   April 20, 2011 at 9:53AM
More Discussions
13.2v Battery Charger
The battery charger for my Craftsman drill has died...
randy427
plug-in 15w bulb caused sticky mess (wax melt)
Stupid me, I bought a plug-in wax melter / tart-warmer...
jally
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
modem switch, ethernets, and extension cables
Hi, I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction....
jally
Humidifier or Air Purifier?
I have been transfered to this city, with a small-size...
walker1846
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™