Problem with Kitchen floor

jannieJune 18, 2007

About a year ago I had a beautiful Marmoleum click floor laid put in my kitchen. It's blue and white checkerboard. I've been keeping it clean but one tile loooked dirty. I took a close look and it has a big gouge out of it. The only way it can be repaired is if I can get it replaced. And I can't do that. I have no left over tiles. The store no longer carries the color. So I'm stuck. What can I cover the tile with? It's near but not exactly in front of the refrigerator. A throw rug would look odd. Anybody have a suggestion? It looks awful, though the tiles around it look brand new. I need SOMETHING tO hide this one broken tile. Oh it's 12 inches by 12 inches.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucy

Well, I'd get some Polyfilla (or any kind of const. cement), fill in the 'hole' and let dry well over a few days. Then I'd sand it as smooth as possible, making sure it's level with surrounding stuff, paint it to match (even acrylic craft paints would do) and then use a good non-yellowing sealer or varnish over it... a few coats each left to dry o-nite, and there you go! It may not be perfect, but then who else is going to be looking that hard at that little piece of one tile but you?

Bookmark   June 18, 2007 at 6:19PM
Happyladi

Have you checked with the manufacter to see if you could get a tile from them? Even if the store doesn't carry it anymore the maker of the tiles might still have some.

Bookmark   June 18, 2007 at 11:17PM
cearab

This product is made by a very reputable manufacturer; Forbo. Have you tried getting in touch with them to see what they might suggest? Maybe visit their website and see if you can get a phone number for customer service. Customer service may put you in touch with their claims division who might be able to guide you throught some type of repair or other suggestion.

Bookmark   June 19, 2007 at 8:40AM
More Discussions
appliance mfg's & Home owner's ins.
Long story short, I had a water leak in a less than...
gardenerlorisc_ia
Is the snow causing roof damage or any plumbing issue?
My first floor bathroom today have water leaking from...
jhome2015
Craftman garage door 1/2 hp
when it start to not working the way it suppost to...
Ignacio7557
shutting off water before vacation ?
I recently saw a bit on DIY Network about preventing...
abbey_cny
Water Leak - Home Addition- HELP
We are right in the middle of a 1400 sq ft. home addition/...
ladyj08
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™