my bathtub is backed up!!!

TONY_ROKJune 9, 2002

Well it took forever for the used water to go down and well if I wanted to take a bath I would have taken a bath but I want to take showers you know!!! Anyways I got an unplugger and all this dirty water started coming up!! Now I cant get this water to go down no matter how much I pump. And yes I covered the drain hole to control the suction. But I cant break the clog. What should I do?? I dont want to call the plumber or the landlord evn though this isnt my fault but dammmm come on!!! Suggestions anyone??

Tony

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Karen_sl

My husbad has this great tool from Sears, it bends and has a plucker thingy on the end...you could take the drain cover off and see if you just have hair and junk in the drain. I always ask for the nose picker thing to use down the drain after bathing the dog..it works good and you use a plunger thing with your thumb to open and close the end. I am sorry I don't know the real name....its a picker thing. You could try something like that...
Karen L

Bookmark   June 9, 2002 at 8:50PM
TONY_ROK

thanks KAren..thats called a snake. Actually my girlfriend's fther came over with this high pressure hose he stuk in the drain and it cleared the whole thing. So we're back to normal im so happy!!! Thanks for your inpuT!!

Tony

Bookmark   June 9, 2002 at 11:38PM
rhorho

FYI--Just in case someone else has this problem and the snake won't work. We fought our tub for a few years with snakes and drain cleaners. We decided to remodel and found that the iron drain had rusted through-the water was draining under the house. We had to bust up part of the slab to make the necessary repairs.

Bookmark   June 13, 2002 at 4:07PM
twelvepole

And sometimes it's not the drain that gets clogged, it's the vent pipe going to the roof. That requires running the snake down through the vent pipe.

Bookmark   June 15, 2002 at 11:55PM
More Discussions
Bad Contractor
My wife and I are nearing the end of a bad experience...
KitchenDad
shutting off water before vacation ?
I recently saw a bit on DIY Network about preventing...
abbey_cny
biting flies uk
leave your house shut up for 3 to 4 weeks and let them...
annekeepgoing
Any young ladies feeling like you don't have a voice?
I moved in to my grandparents home. I am updating it....
avadoone
Water Leak - Home Addition- HELP
We are right in the middle of a 1400 sq ft. home addition/...
ladyj08
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™