pushing incoming calls to answerer when on another call?

greginshastaApril 12, 2010

I run a home office. I frequently have incoming calls when I am already on the phone. I have call-waiting service from ATT.

I would like to puchase an answering system that would allow me to push a button and force incoming calls to the answering system rather than my having to click over, take a message, and then click back to the original call.

Does anyone know if such is possible?

I do realize that if I sign up for voice mail service with ATT that I can probably get that feature. I'm just not sure I want to pay monthly for ATT's voice mail service in order to get this feature.

thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brickeyee

The TELCO may have a service like you are describing, but you cannot do it with only a single phone line.

You would need a second phone line with ring-over from the first and then you could set up an answering machine.

With only one phone line you cannot send another call to an answering machine at your office.

Some of the TELCOs offer a service as you describe.
An incoming call to a busy line rolls over to an answering service (computerized) at the TELCO .

You could also do the job with VOIP for the phone service, but that would essentially be creating a PBX on a computer at your house.

Bookmark   April 16, 2010 at 2:19PM
More Discussions
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
plug-in 15w bulb caused sticky mess (wax melt)
Stupid me, I bought a plug-in wax melter / tart-warmer...
jally
arc breakers tripping
We have arc fault breakers and one of them keeps tripping,...
newhomeseattle
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
jally
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™