new here

whimsywhitJuly 23, 2006

I just happened to be looking for a forum about embroidery and stumbled across this one. I am new to embroidery. I work at a little shop in town where I do the screenprinting so I work a lot with the art for that, when the owner decided he wanted me to learn to digitize and embroider. So, I have researched and practiced and have come to love it. Hopefully now I have found a place that can answer any of the questions I might have! Nice to meet everyone, and hopefully I can learn from everyone!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Islay_Corbel

Welcome. It's a bit slow here, but we'll be happy to help with anything. You sound as if you'll be helping us!

Bookmark   July 24, 2006 at 3:21AM
costumegrl

Hi, you may want to try www.artisticthreadworks.com. They are a wealth of info and you don't have to join for the info. You have alot to consider... Your thread will be a cost getter and there are great places for that also. I started with a Bernina 650 which is the same as a Brother 150 with the Brother being a WHOLE lot cheaper. You sound like you have a good outlook on this! Email me if you need any help. I wish this site was around when I started out....maybe that's why I suggested it. Chris

Bookmark   July 24, 2006 at 11:03PM
stitchntime9

Since you are working for a commercial enterprise and not doing home sewing, you should look into commercial machines...it's a warranty thing and more cost effective for the shop owner.

If you buy for your own use, then you can use one of the home machines.

Bookmark   July 26, 2006 at 9:17AM
More Discussions
Wanting to know more about machine embroidery
A friend brought back from France a really beautiful...
Ennoh
Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software
Hi all, I have recently decided to try out the embroidery...
MaryPrim
Babylock Palette v9
Help! After a windows 8 update today, my card reader/writer...
kyserparker
PE Design Software
I lost my PE design2 when I changed computers.I am...
Jmyelou
Bobbin Thread Rising into Embroideries
I have a new (since February) Huqsvarna Rose sewing/embroidery...
pchoench
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™