what would you do? sony tv trouble

marc_iaApril 19, 2010

We bought a Sony 46" flat screen about five months ago. It has just quit working. A Sony tech talked with my husband on the phone and he decided that a part needed to be ordered. He said it would come in in a couple days and someone would come to fix it. It is three weeks later and after calls to the store (and good friend who is the salesman) I finally got a call from a Sony person who said it is very unusal but now the part is on backorder till mid JUNE !! What would you do? I told her that was unacceptable and she understood and said we could talk to the store where we purchased it. The salesperson is a very good friend and I hate to cause a problem but....would you ask for a new replacement TV? That is what I want to do ,but don't know if I should.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kashka_kat

Yes I would definitely ask to have it replaced! Friend or not, this is purely business. It's not as if you haven't made a good-faith effort to go the route of repairing it.

Otherwise you're going to miss the finale of "LOST" and that in my book is totally unacceptable!!!

Bookmark   April 19, 2010 at 3:27PM
marc_ia

Thanks, Kashka I love your sense of humor. We have watched Nascar races and the Stanley cup hockey games etc on a 22" tv. After being spoiled with the 46"HDTV its frustrating. Thanks for your thoughts.

Bookmark   April 19, 2010 at 11:12PM
sofaspud

You can try that route, but in the end, it's what the warranty says that matters.

Bookmark   April 20, 2010 at 11:31AM
More Discussions
arc breakers tripping
We have arc fault breakers and one of them keeps tripping,...
newhomeseattle
Cables and wiring? Cat6, hdmi, coaxial, ethernet?
I've been reading a lot on here about wiring our new...
tulips33
modem switch, ethernets, and extension cables
Hi, I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction....
jally
Humidifier or Air Purifier?
I have been transfered to this city, with a small-size...
walker1846
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™