third posting in less than a week sheesh embroidering clothing

sew_clueless_emb2July 2, 2008

Ergo the user name LOL! Anywho, how in the heck do I go about embroidering something on a polo shirt or baby onesie? I have this contraption that attaches to my machine (Brother SE-350) and I can't for the life of me figure out how to hoop the clothing. I figured out a hard way, take apart the clothing item and then sew it together again. PLEASE tell me there is a better way or another attachment I can buy!!! I hope I'm not destined to only embroider flat fabric (sigh). Thanks for helping.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stitchntime9

You turn it almost inside out and pin the extra out of the way. Stabilize the knit before attaching it to the hoop using your favorite menthod. You will have to sit there and babysit the machine to make sure it stays out of the needle's way.

The onesie is easy. Remember how you gather the back of the shirt up to get it over baby's head? Do the same and then stick the front on the hoop, and then pin or tape the excess out of the way.

Bookmark   July 5, 2008 at 11:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sew_clueless_emb2

Thank you for your reply. I will go to a thrift store and buy some items to get the hang of it so I don't ruin anything I want to make as gifts.

Bookmark   July 6, 2008 at 7:08AM
More Discussions
Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner
Does anyone have a Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner...
redpenny
Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software
Hi all, I have recently decided to try out the embroidery...
MaryPrim
Problem with HAINA machine (Tajima clone)
2 years ago I bought a 1 head 12 needles embroidery...
elis.g
PE Design Software
I lost my PE design2 when I changed computers.I am...
Jmyelou
Singer Quantum XL-6000
Hello everyone, This is a rant on Singer Quantum XL-6000...
ruby1942
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™