placement of logo on polo shirt

texassoapJuly 5, 2005

I'm have to embroidery a company name on several polo shirts and I've never done this before. Is there any rule to measure where it should go. I have small, medium, Large & XXL shirts. I know it's on the left side, but ????

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jenni_ca

This site should help you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Embroidery Placements

Bookmark   July 6, 2005 at 10:16AM
joansews4u

This guide is good but with 1 1/2 to 2" spans, you still have to guess some. I have the Embroidery Buddy placement thing. It is in a backward L shape from center front of shirt to placement & from shoulder to placement. You could take something like poster board & make one. It is sized for women & mens sizes. Large woman & med man about the same.

Make it about 7" wide & 10" high... in a backward L. Use the 7 1/2 down for the Smaller & 9 for XL & mark a M & L inbetween.

Do the same for width with 4 for S & 6 for XL, Mark M & L inbetween. go lower for XS & higher for XXL & XXXL.

The outside corner of your L is where the center of your design should be.

Bookmark   July 7, 2005 at 3:17PM
keepeminstitches

I, too, have an Embroiderer's Buddy which really helps in placement. However, I also have a "Monogram Placement Guidelines" sheet from Embroidery Online that says for golf shirts, place the monogram 7 1/2" to 9" down from the left shoulder seam and 4" to 6" over from the center front of the shirt. The accompanying diagram indicates that by "left shoulder seam", they mean right where the collar is sewn on at the shoulder seam. I would use the smaller placement measurements for the smaller shirts, graduating up to the larger placement measurements for the larger shirts. Scale it down for children.

The guideline sheet also gives an alternate way of determining the correct placement of a left chest design on any size shirt. You would draw an imaginary line vertically from the top of the shoulder down and then draw another "line" horizontally through the middle of the sleeve (this would be for a short-sleeved shirt). Where these two lines intersect is your correct placement.

Good luck and post a pic when finished.

Bookmark   July 9, 2005 at 9:05PM
More Discussions
Machine embroidery
I have a white 3300 embroidery machine I cannot figure...
Papillons
P E Design v4.02 software question
I bought a used emb. machine exactly like one I already...
dancingirl_gw
Hand Embroidery Tips & Techniques
I came across this site earlier today and wanted to...
lola8325 zone5KS
New to Machine Embroidery...Brother Innovis 4000D
Hi Everyone: I have just discovered this forum and...
SewReel
Pfaff 5D software
Hello, I am purchasing a Pfaff 2140 machine at a local...
byrdgirl65
Sponsored Products
Woodard Fullerton Conversation Collection - WD2554
Hayneedle
FANMATS Door Mats Clemson University 18 in. x 30 in. Door Mat Team Colors 11353
$14.88 | Home Depot
The University of Michigan Brushed Nickel Arc Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Missoni Home | Nesterov Cylinder Pouf, 170
YLiving.com
Hampton Bay Path & Landscape Lights Outdoor Solar Black LED 70 Lumen Spotlight
$44.97 | Home Depot