Problems Philips Magnavox 9p6034c101

john420blazeApril 20, 2009

I recently changes the fluid for my CRTs. After changing the fluid, set powered on but needed converging. I attempted to use my remote to access the menu function but couldn't access the menu. After a day or so, the set stopped coming on completely, the power light comes on but nothing else. I reopened the set to see if I had put a wire back incorrectly, but didnt see where that was the case. The only wires I have that are of any question are the ones that connect to 1896 and 1895 located on the Blue CRT board, does anyone know where they connect, I have the scematics but it doesnt tell what they connect to. I've read on other forums where it could be a bad resistor and that I could check them with a digital oltimeter, but I've never used one before and need some laymans explanation on how to use it. I have already tried to contact a repair man to help with diagnosing the problem but have been told that my problem culdnt be dianosed with the $40 diagnostic fee, (which sounds asinine to me), any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jdbillp

time to move down

Bookmark   May 2, 2009 at 8:28AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ecollier2012

If you bought a kit from http://www.TvRepairKits.com they offer free tech support for the CRT fluid repair.

If not it sounds like you winged it which is never a good idea.

Bookmark   May 21, 2009 at 11:32PM
More Discussions
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
jally
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
modem switch, ethernets, and extension cables
Hi, I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction....
jally
plug-in 15w bulb caused sticky mess (wax melt)
Stupid me, I bought a plug-in wax melter / tart-warmer...
jally
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
stoveguyy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™