want an embroidery machine

msubulldog1July 16, 2006

I am interested in purchasing an embroidery machine. I plan to use it for family use and maybe some public use (to make a little extra money at Christmas). I don't want to spend too much money but want a nice one. I looked at the singer ce-100 but don't have room near the computer to put it. Does anyone have any advice for another unit?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stitchntime9

Research the manufacturer sites and you will find one you like. I think you want a stand-alone type machine...so keep researching...it's an expensive hobby by the time you get through purchasing machine embroidery thread, a variety of stabilizer, needles, etc.

Bookmark   July 17, 2006 at 4:15AM
joansews4u

I agree it is an expensive hobby & unless you spend a good bit, you will have such a small field that you will be limited to what you can do in one hooping. Re-hooping is no fun. It is hard to get things lined up even again.

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 8:02PM
Islay_Corbel

I have the Janome 300E and I love it. It's simple to use, doesn't require any expensive software - I just use Embird to convert and re-size etc. It had the 4x4 and the 5x7 field. Wonderful machine.

Bookmark   July 20, 2006 at 2:47AM
jaynay

also check out used machines i have a used one $400 bernina deco 600 it is a little older but fine for me and love it i also bought a magic box $300

Bookmark   July 21, 2006 at 12:46PM
More Discussions
New to Machine Embroidery...Brother Innovis 4000D
Hi Everyone: I have just discovered this forum and...
SewReel
Making letters
What is the best way to make my letters and words even?...
tim45z10
Machine embroidery
I have a white 3300 embroidery machine I cannot figure...
Papillons
thread breakage
Help please. I have a Futura CE200. All was well. Have...
crittersareme
Help!! Anyone have a Brother SE-270D embroidery unit?!
Help! I made a huge mistake. I knew nothing about sewing...
Caitmon
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™