TV Quit Working Last Night: 7P5441 C101

res88qe1April 9, 2007

This TV 7P5441 C101 was working fine I turned it off then came back later went to turn it on and the power on light was very dim when trying to turn it on and something smelled. So I took the back off and went to power on and the right side from the back circuit board about center left was like arcing around a blue like tube.

Need some help trying to repair please.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
res88qe1_earthlink_net

PEE WEE Could you please help I believe it is C811 that needs to be replaced on this correct?

Thanks

Bookmark   April 29, 2007 at 2:05PM
res88qe1

I have a Philips Magnavox Model 7P5441 C101 Television and when you try to turn it on there is a wire burn smell, so I took the back panel off and look into the board and had my wife to try to power it on with the remote and there is a round ceramic disk capacitor that sparks and is burned through.

I got a magnifying glass and looked on the board and at the capacitor there is a number C811 it looks like or it could be CB11, it is the only Brown Round Ceramic disk Capacitor there on the right board when looking in from the back.

I tried to call and get a schematic but can get no one to help me, I would appreciate very much if you could help. I was going to purchase a capacitor off of the internet that looks like it but I do not want to purchase the wrong one, and also if you do not mind in which way does it go in as the side with the numbers, I think they go toward the front of the Television correct?

Please send help to my email address would you please, Thanks Again.

Thank You
Sincerely
God Bless
Ben

Bookmark   April 29, 2007 at 2:07PM
res88qe1

Can anyone help me with this I want to repair the television it is a very good one and this is the only problem that has ever happened with it. I just need to know what the capacitor is and then I can get it and solder it in.

Thanks

Bookmark   May 2, 2007 at 1:01PM
res88qe1

I found one from another television the Dis Ceramic Capcitor has 330H R3L2KV

Bookmark   May 3, 2007 at 4:31PM
res88qe1

330pf @ 2kv got 2 coming on the way

Bookmark   May 3, 2007 at 4:50PM
More Discussions
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
stoveguyy
RCN Cable box question
I have a 55" LG LED tv. Its connected to an RCN...
andrelaplume2
OTA, I'm Back
I got rid of cable and now am using a converterbox...
boothbay
Humidifier or Air Purifier?
I have been transfered to this city, with a small-size...
walker1846
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™