Brand of Thread

sabinekeJuly 5, 2004

I was wondering which brand of Threads you use? Which one is the best and how bout price & quality. Did anyone use ARC?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
redpenny

I have tried all brands of thread from expensive to less expensive.I like oasis thread it comes from India but It really has vibrant colors and enduring no constant breaks.

Bookmark   July 5, 2004 at 9:29PM
sherwood38

My Viking dealer recommends Sulky and Robson-Anton (sp?) I also have Madeira which Nancy's Notions recommends and I got free when I bought my Koala sewing cabinet.
I have used all three and can't tell the difference.
They are the only brands that I am familiar with and I have had no problems with any of them.

Pat

Bookmark   July 5, 2004 at 10:11PM
keepeminstitches

I like Isacord polyester, and it doesn't run or bleed. My Bernina doesn't like Sulky. Try Threadsetc's website (you'll hafta Google it cuz I don't have it with me, and it's under a parent company, I believe). They feature a specially priced column of colors each month at $3.10 a spool plus shipping. I have 200+ colors now, aiming to "collect" all 350+ colors by getting 10 a month. Plus it's fun to get 'em in the mail.

Keepeminstitches (who is easily amused)

Bookmark   July 8, 2004 at 2:14PM
keepeminstitches

Oops. The website for Isacord thread is www.threadetc.com, not threadsetc.

Sorry!

Keepeminstitches

Bookmark   July 8, 2004 at 6:36PM
sabineke

I've ordered some ARC, hope it was a bargain, 48 spools of 1000 meter thread for about 80 dollar, excluding shipping...

Bookmark   July 11, 2004 at 1:03AM
joly

I ordered an ARC starter kit with 48 for the same. Just got it Friday but I don't have my machine yet. The colors are beautiful tho! Now I regret waiting to pick up my machine after my vacation is over as all I did was think about it! LOL

Bookmark   July 11, 2004 at 7:23AM
costumegrl

ARC is just fine and works well and stands up to alot of washings. In the beginning, I thought it must not be good because it's cheaper...NOT SO. I usually use Isacord cause I like their spools and because I received a bunch from my husband. I only use poly.

Bookmark   July 11, 2004 at 9:20AM
sabineke

Hi Joly,
I can imagine. My story is the other way around. I can't wait untill my threads arrive. At the same time/ place I ordered an ultimate box and card so I can make some of the projects from the internet :)

Bookmark   July 11, 2004 at 11:10AM
joly

Well, yesterday, my last day of vacation I decided to go get the machine, got home, read the book and thought I'd try a sample...no hoop or embroidery foot! When they repacked the machine they must have forgot. I'll have to call today, I drive 2 hours to work the opposite direction so that means a 100 mile around trip after I get back from work tonight. =(

Bookmark   July 12, 2004 at 5:24AM
rubyjud

I hav bought threads from threadarts.com.....really beautiful ...shiny...strong...do not break.....I think they are really good....and about 1.75 a spool.....I am happy with them....they only have 80 colors...that might be a drawback.....I use polyester....

Bookmark   October 8, 2004 at 9:12PM
More Discussions
Brother PC8500 Memory Card
I recently acquired a Brother PC8500. As this is my...
Rschum6718
Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner
Does anyone have a Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner...
redpenny
Help with embroidery
I just recieved the Brothers SE400 sewing and embroidery...
JordonWalker0722
Hand Embroidery Tips & Techniques
I came across this site earlier today and wanted to...
lola8325 zone5KS
Need help with my Janome 350e
I have a Janome 350e. It has been sewing beautifully....
Hilary Motzouris
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™