Creating larger embroidery designs

sewcrafty2000July 23, 2008

I have a Brother PE 150 and the Ultimate Box. I have been very happy with everything I have been able to create from this combo but now I desire to embroider larger than 4X4 designs. I am wondering what I need to do this. Do I need a different embroidery machine, Ultimate Box, or both? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Joanna

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kick153

YOU HAVE BEEN BITTEN BY THE BUG!!! I, myself started on a Brother PE 150. It did a wonderful job for me, and I was not long in yearning to produce the beautiful larger designs. In order to do that, you will need to purchase another machine. Depending on what machine you would purchase, that would determine if your ultimate box would work with it.

There are several companies that will split designs for you, but that is expensive, and IMO it is hard getting the second half of the design to stitch properly aligned after needing to rehoop the fabric.

Let me suggest that if you are looking for another machine (I have a Brother Innovis 1500D), you seek one with the larger than 5 x 7 embroidery area (the Innovis 1500D has 6 x 10), as you will no doubt find designs larger than the 5 x 7 hoop that you will want to stitch. (The 6 x 10 will do beautiful jacket backs.)

Expense is a factor, I know. I think the Brother 270 will do 5 x 7 designs, and is in the $400 to $500 range (haven't checked prices lately). My Innovis was expensive ($2,000 plus), but it has been worth every penny I have paid for it. Save your pennies if you enjoy doing this. YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!

Bookmark   July 27, 2008 at 11:51AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sewcrafty2000

Ouch...$2000.00 plus. It is nice to have a ballpark figure though. Thank you Thank you I am keeping the info you gave me because yes, I HAVE BEEN BITTEN BY THE BUG! Happy Sewing, Joanna

Bookmark   July 29, 2008 at 9:24AM
More Discussions
beginner to embroidery, need help!
I just purchased and received today, a Brother SE400...
abshelby
separate forum for hand embroidery?
anyone else think this would be a good idea? machine...
mollyjanea
thread breakage
Help please. I have a Futura CE200. All was well. Have...
crittersareme
list of free design sites
Does anyone have a list of site that have free designs?...
crittersareme
Brother PC8500 Memory Card
I recently acquired a Brother PC8500. As this is my...
Rschum6718
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™