Ultimate Box vs Simplicity Box

redpennyJuly 25, 2004

My husband has told me within the next month I would be able to get a box for my embroidery machine. I now have Windows XP. I have read reviews on the simplicity box were they were having problems with Windows XP and their box.

I read great reviews about the Ultimate Box but nothing about if anyone had problem using it with windows XP.Anyone have either and do you have Windows XP.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joly

I have an Ultimate Box that hooks up by serial port since I had a free serial port and the USB Ultimate box was more expensive. I have Windows XP and it works perfect! I just got mine a couple weeks ago...new to embroidering. Very easy to set up and have used it many many times already, I'm embroidering everything I can get my hands on. I have a Husqvarna Iris. I've been loading up to 3 designs at a time and I know it holds lots lots more but I don't know what I want to embroider too much in advance.
Hope this helps.
Oh, I bought my Ultimate box off ebay, new, sealed for $115 plus shipping.
Joly

Bookmark   July 25, 2004 at 7:53AM
redpenny

Joly, thanks I was pricing them on ebay too! That was a really good price!
Red

Bookmark   July 25, 2004 at 11:19PM
sabineke

Hello,
I have Windows XP and an Ultimate USB cardwriter and the card itself. Have it a week and love it! Couldn't live without it. I can write about 28(!!!) designs at the card at the same time. But once you have 1 card you'll want one more, because when you want new designs on the card the other ones get erased.
I paid 170 dollar (excl. shipping) for the box AND the card.
Enjoy and good luck!

Bookmark   August 3, 2004 at 4:36PM
redpenny

PES-2 Reader Writer Box and Software I just purchased at a great deal! Now I have to purchase the card.Everyone enjoy your new boxes Red

Bookmark   August 3, 2004 at 6:06PM
moggy_11

I know this is a verylate response, but I had mine delivered yesterday Nov 28th, and could only do the download etc tonight 29th Nov. I am thrilled with it.
Tomorrow morning I am attempting the first embroidery pattern, with my Simplicity SE3. I am so thrilled with it, I hope I am successful in the morning on the first pattern.
Regards,
Moggy_11

Bookmark   November 29, 2006 at 11:39PM
More Discussions
Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software
Hi all, I have recently decided to try out the embroidery...
MaryPrim
Problem with HAINA machine (Tajima clone)
2 years ago I bought a 1 head 12 needles embroidery...
elis.g
hand embroidery needle HELP!!!
Hi! I need to find a specific type of embroidery needle:...
elenatogn
Machine embroidery
I have a white 3300 embroidery machine I cannot figure...
Papillons
Babylock Palette v9
Help! After a windows 8 update today, my card reader/writer...
kyserparker
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™