Memory Card question for Brother SE 270D

catrina_2006June 28, 2006

Hi,

I have a Janome 9700 machine that uses a CompactFlash card with an adapter. I just purchased a Brother SE 270D machine and can not find information on the memory card I can use. I have a few questions. Does it only take Brother design cards or can I use the PED Basic to create a card with my own designs? Also, do all brother design cards work on this model. The Brother site doesn't give a lot of information concerning the way to get designs to the machine.

I guess that is what I get for buying the machine on-line rather than a local dealer. I just thought I would be able to find information!

Thanks you any help

Catrina

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stitchntime9

First of all the two machines take different formats. You might want to consider purchasing Embird that will convert the two formats so that you can use the same design with each machine sans the Disney designs that are propietary to Brother and can't be used on any other machine.

You are correct that you will need a reader writer box for the Brother machine because your machines are different formats. The PED basic sounds like a good plan (available on line at Walmart for around $139.).

I have two different brand machines and also found that the hoops are not interchangeable either. The only things that may be interchageable are feet and needles. The bobbins may be different so you really have to watch which bobbin you have and don't get them mixed up.

I would thoroughly read the Brother manual before purchasing anything further...they are pretty good about documetation and educating if you practice the manual page by painful page.

Bookmark   June 29, 2006 at 5:52AM
More Discussions
Babylock Palette v9
Help! After a windows 8 update today, my card reader/writer...
kyserparker
Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software
Hi all, I have recently decided to try out the embroidery...
MaryPrim
Singer Quantum XL-6000
Hello everyone, This is a rant on Singer Quantum XL-6000...
ruby1942
Bobbin Thread Rising into Embroideries
I have a new (since February) Huqsvarna Rose sewing/embroidery...
pchoench
Pfaff 5D software
Hello, I am purchasing a Pfaff 2140 machine at a local...
byrdgirl65
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™