Kitchen faucet help

michelle12345678June 13, 2013

Any suggestions for a faucet with the following features (I'm having trouble finding one with all of the below):

Higher end brand
Contemporary look - rounded arch
One lever
Stainless steel finish
Pull down sprayer
Dual spray where when you hit the button the spray locks rather than having to hold it down to use the spray

The last feature is where I'm having the most trouble.
Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dreamgarden

I bought a Moen faucet from Lowes and am not happy with it. Though it looks nice, it has low water pressure and the spray feature doesn't stay locked if the water is turned off.

I don't care for the way the neck snakes over, or the handle on the side. I didn't realize how both of these would get in the way until I saw my neighbors faucet.

I will be replacing mine with a smaller, shorter faucet so I can rinse larger pots without getting splashed.

Links that might be useful:

Moen Anabelle Chrome 1-Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet
Item #: 297430 : Model #: CA87003

http://www.lowes.com/pd_297430-866-CA87003_0__?productId=3139571&cm_mmc=SCE_PLA-

Neighbors faucet:

www.wayfair.com/Rohl-Pullout-Single-Lever-Single-Hole-Kitchen-Faucet-with-Pullout-Hose-and-Hand-Spray-R3100STN-XRH1241.html

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 10:09AM
morz8

Kohler forte seems to fit within your specs. It was in the kitchen of the house we bought this winter, I haven't had reason to complain about how it functions...Similar design in my SILs remodel from a few years ago, I don't think what you are asking for should be that difficult.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler Forte

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 10:34AM
dkenny

ok..
so your talking Delta, Moen, or such..
have you contacted the manufacturer? many 'high end' have lifetime warranties.

just a thought..

you might also just need the sprayer head. the lever that switches from spray to stream is dirty from water deposits

-dkenny

Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 5:29PM
morz8

And here's another thought - I asked my plumber when he was here for another issue, why when there is a hot water tank at each end of this house, does it take so long for the water to become hot in my kitchen sink. I almost have to turn it on before I want to get my hands dirty if I want warm water :)

Kohler faucet. As described above. He reached over, twisted it apart, took out a flow restrictor that was factory installed and handed it to me. I hadn't felt like I needed more pressure, but with higher pressure and running through faster, the water reaches warmer more quickly.

The places those flow restrictors can show up. Years ago in a former house, I complained to him that my toilet tank took forever to fill. Same thing there, it had a flow restrictor in the pipe on the wall faucet and a bit of grit had lodged there. With both removed it was about appropriate for normal human use.

Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 9:30PM
mike_kaiser_gw

How about this one:

Delta Leyland. It does stay "switched" between stream and spray.

Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 1:13PM
jessiemcadams

I think this Hansgrohe Kitchen Faucet suits the faucet features you are looking for well except for the last feature.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hansgrohe Kitchen Faucets

Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 9:04PM
yellowdog51

Take a look at Grohe (not the same as Hans Grohe) Ladylux (if it's still available). I've had one since we remodeled 8-10 years ago and am still very satisfied. And I like it over other faucets I've seen. Good luck!

Bookmark   June 30, 2013 at 8:30PM
yellowdog51

Take a look at Grohe (not the same as Hans Grohe) Ladylux (if it's still available). I've had one since we remodeled 8-10 years ago and am still very satisfied. And I like it over other faucets I've seen. Good luck!

Bookmark   June 30, 2013 at 8:32PM
More Discussions
Water Leak - Home Addition- HELP
We are right in the middle of a 1400 sq ft. home addition/...
ladyj08
Chimney waterproofing
Hi I desperately need help here First time home owner Today...
mishyq
Craftman garage door 1/2 hp
when it start to not working the way it suppost to...
Ignacio7557
Smelly bedroom mystery
Help? I got a mystery/x-file smell in only one of my...
decr8on
biting flies uk
leave your house shut up for 3 to 4 weeks and let them...
annekeepgoing
Sponsored Products
Danze Reef Trim Only Single Handle Tub & Shower Faucet - Chrome
Modern Bathroom
Marbella Easy Care Rug
FRONTGATE
Doctor's Saucer Pendant
$844.99 | Dot & Bo
Oneida 12-piece Soft Touch Knife Block Set
Overstock.com
Alloy Sinai Desert 1/2 x 4 Stacked Glass Tile
$17.50 | TileBar