New Machine, Big Problem

fallingup13June 19, 2013

I just got started on my new machine. It wasn't as complicated as I thought it would be. I have 1 major problem.
I filled the bobbin, threaded the machine properly, and picked out a programmed pattern to try it out.

The pattern is a heart. The problem, the bobbin thread is showing on top instead of the color embroidery thread. I used a piece of sheeting material, and the stabilizer that came with the machine.

The heart came out very nice, the stitching is great. The red thread shows up on the wrong side, and only a small amount, that is almost all white too. A very tiny bit of red came out on the front when it first started.

I've tried re threading, removing and replacing the bobbin, but it still comes out with the bobbin thread on top.

I finally got too frustrated and left it. Can anyone give me an idea of what I'm doing wrong.

Pictured is the right side of fabric. You can see in the center where it started out red.

I appreciate any help and input I can get.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

You may need to adjust your tension....it determines how far up into the fabric the bobbin thread is pulled. This may be related to the weight of thread you are using as well as the material you are stitching. Your user manual should have something in it on adjusting tension.

Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 10:52PM
dancingirl_gw

So where does the red thread end up--is it under the bottom? Did you thread with the foot raised so the thread can go into the tension disks? And lower the foot before stitching? It has almost always been that when the problem is on top, it originates with the bobbin, and vice versa. Looks maybe like you don't have the bobbin thread thru it's tension guide. Otherwise, change weight of bottom thread and try different design (it could 'possibly' be corrupted design)...but I don't think so. Let us know what you are trying.

Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 6:51AM
fallingup13

I know red thread started at the beginning...not sure if it ended there. The thread I used on both top and bottom came with the machine. I'll re read on threading of the bobbin and adjust it. I'll be back....I hope your here too :)

Thank you both so much for your help.

Here's a picture of the back.

Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 11:30AM
fallingup13

Just want to give a big thank you to the ladies that helped me. It was the top tension. I've adjusted it making it tighter and it is working well now.

Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 6:11PM
More Discussions
Viking embroidery machine software
I am interested in purchasing embroidery designing...
kiki31348
thread breakage
Help please. I have a Futura CE200. All was well. Have...
crittersareme
Help!! Anyone have a Brother SE-270D embroidery unit?!
Help! I made a huge mistake. I knew nothing about sewing...
Caitmon
pe design 2.0 help!!
hiya ive brought pe design 2.0 off of ebay its come...
mrsgeorge
separate forum for hand embroidery?
anyone else think this would be a good idea? machine...
mollyjanea
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™