Do it yourself carpet spot dye kits

analyticalJune 26, 2006

Anyone try any of the do it yourself carpet spot dye kits that are advertised on the web? Just wondering if any work. I have a faint bleach stain on my carmel colored carpet.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Happyladi

A friend spilled some bleach in her livingroom. She hired a carpet company to come out and fix it. They cut some carpet from the back of a closet and patched it in. You have to look for it to see where it was done.

Bookmark   July 3, 2006 at 11:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pamdoggie

Analytical.... I sympathize. I woke up at 6am and found dog pee on my new carpet. I blotted it up and grabbed the bottle of Nature's Miracle and liberally soaked the area (directions on the bottle) - WELL, i am smelling bleach and realize I grabbed the wrong bottle and poured bleach on my new carpet..... it is right in a doorway and my sage color carpet is a peach color, fortunately it sort of looks like the light coming from the windows make the carpet look lighter in that spot. I can't offer any help except to say that your not alone... Now I use hydrogen peroxide for such "accidents" -- it is a lot cheaper too.....

Bookmark   August 31, 2006 at 6:30PM
More Discussions
Dealing with a crazy neighbor
Condensed version: My neighbor aggressively pounds...
dtxgal
Help! what kind of biting insect has invaded my home?
Over the last few weeks I've been itching from something...
Cassandra
Heating Oil Spill & Smell
So here is my issue. Currently under contract to purchase...
jemcdonald
Strange 'fishy' smell
Hello all - My parents are having an issue with a somewhat...
tarajen
Home disasters
Folks, before hiring a contractor go this website Ncphif.org...
josephene_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™