Brother Innov-is 4000D or Baby Lock Ellegante?

kitchenredo2June 5, 2008

I am thinking of taking the plunge and purchasing a sewing/embroidery machine....... I've learned that Brother manufactures machines for Baby Lock (which explains why they look so similar). Which one would you purchase - is one company easier to deal with than the other? Are there features which make one machine superior to the other? For the amount of $$ I would spend I do not want to make the wrong decision.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
clt3

They are the same machine with different names. Only the Brother is able to stitch any Disney designs (thus the D in the name).

Bookmark   June 6, 2008 at 6:41AM
msmeow

If they come from different dealers I would say go with the dealer you are more comfortable with, or that offers better classes & support. This is the voice of experience...I got my Brother machine at a show and then found out there are no Brother dealers anywhere near me, so I've never had any classes on my machine. I know I could utilitze it much better if I could take some classes.

Donna

Bookmark   June 12, 2008 at 11:57AM
mideb

I have the Brother Innovis 4000LTD. It is the same machine as the Baby Lock Ellegante but the price is much cheaper and you get the Disney designs. With the Ellegante you get the Nancy Zieman designs. My Brother dealer is not that great and the classes I received were really not all that. I chose the Brother for the price point. If you can find the 4000LTD you may get an even better deal. This is my first embroidery machine and I love it. It is very EASY to use.
Good Luck!

Bookmark   June 17, 2008 at 9:41PM
More Discussions
thread breakage
Help please. I have a Futura CE200. All was well. Have...
crittersareme
Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner
Does anyone have a Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner...
redpenny
Help with embroidery
I just recieved the Brothers SE400 sewing and embroidery...
JordonWalker0722
beginner to embroidery, need help!
I just purchased and received today, a Brother SE400...
abshelby
Making letters
What is the best way to make my letters and words even?...
tim45z10
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™