Newbie on SB diet, with question (long post)

babygirl88April 17, 2008

Hi all, i've been a lurker for some time now and i have noticed how supportive you all are of each other. If one of you wouldn't mine helping me with a question i would really be thankful.

I had some blood work done and it came back that my triglycerides were over 400. My doctor was in shock because i had the same blood work done last year and everything was great. He told me to do the south beach diet and to have it rechecked in three months, he also wanted to see a big weight loss. Well i started April the second and i have not lost one pound! I don't understand if i'm doing something wrong or not. i got the book and am going by everthing it says. a typical day of food is

breakfast- 2 eggs with 1 peice of turkey bacon

lunch -ham or turkey, cheese and lettuce in a low carb warp (the warp is 6 carbs) with a salad

supper- grilled chicken and steamed veggies

snacks- sugar free jello or 8 almonds.

I just thought after two weeks i would see some difference. any advice would be very appreciated.

Thank You

Amy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
milkdud_2007

I've attempted SB twice, but I never made it past the first 2 weeks (the hardest part!). I'm not well-versed in it, to say the least, but I just wanted to ask if you're drinking plenty of liquids and eating lots of veggies?

I do Weight Watchers/Core, and I'm losing slowly/but surely because I've increased my veggie, fruit, and fiber intake, plus concentrating on increasing my fluid intake.

Good luck on your WOE. That's a very high # on your triglycerides, so it's good that you're trying to lower it.

If you'd like to post with a group of really nice and supportive people, visit the SS daily support thread which is usually very near the top each day.

Bookmark   April 17, 2008 at 3:31PM
babygirl88

milkdud, thank you so much, the first two weeks are the hardest!! i almost gave up a hundred times, but so far still holding strong. i am drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water a day, that's not a problem for me as it is my drink of choice.

Bookmark   April 17, 2008 at 5:16PM
yankandtex

I have the book but I have tried so many diets that I can't remember if I did that particular one or not. One thing that I've discovered recently is that depression can cause some of your blood levels to change radically. Since you said that it was fine last year, that is the only reason I brought it up. Also, are you on any medication that may be affecting your weight loss? I know that I was on some that made me gain no matter what WOE I chose.

Please take Milkdud up & join us on the SSing thread. We are all doing different methods of losing weight. We just try to keep each other going. Let me know how you do. I want you to be/stay healthy!

Bookmark   April 17, 2008 at 5:58PM
marci_pa

Hi babygirl88 - When I first did SS(SomerSizing) years ago, I did not lost weight in the beginning. I really think that your body goes through a period of adjustment and then the weight loss kicks in. We used to call it "The Melt". SS is similar to South Beach in that it does limit carbs.

My advice would be to follow the plan without straying for a few more weeks and stay off the scale. Use a favorite piece of clothing that is too tight now as an indicator and when it is starting to get loose, get on the scale. If you are not cheating and just keep eating within the SBD quidelines, you will start to lose in time. Be patient and hopefully you will experience "The Melt" before you know it. Once that happens, the weight usually comes off in slow but steady increments.

Good luck!
Marci

Bookmark   April 20, 2008 at 11:31AM
babygirl88

Thanks so much everyone, just thought i'd let you know that this morning i had lost 4 pounds. not much but at least it's something. thanks for the support.

Bookmark   April 20, 2008 at 7:02PM
More Discussions
Just a Rant
I know that I need to exercise and that is why I am...
sameboat
the fast diet
i'm trying it with great optimism....really makes sense...
mmajicmann
Weekly Support 21 - 26 Oct
Ooopsy - I lost track of this week. Where on earth...
mcpeg
Weekly Support Oct 6 - 12
Good morning Everyone! Welcome to another week of "let's...
mcpeg
Cinnamon & Honey Articles
There are so many worthwhile articles on cinnamon &...
pink_warm_mama_1
Sponsored Products
Remer by Nameeks L05US Tub Filler - REMER L05US
$175.00 | Hayneedle
Attic Retreat Walnut Finish Counter-height Dining Set
Overstock.com
Casa Marseille 20 1/2" High Energy Efficient Post Light
Lamps Plus
Remer by Nameeks Q83AUS Single Handle Pull Out Kitchen Faucet - REMER Q83AUS
$612.98 | Hayneedle
Arteriors Home - Calvin Top Grain Nickel Barstool - 2594
Great Furniture Deal