'Blown Out' Phones

susan915March 5, 2007

Help! I've blown out 3 cordless phones in 2 months. There's a lot of static electricity in my home and when I answer my phone sometimes there's a spark. I don't know if a plastic cordless phone would be the solution or if there's a problem with the phone wiring. I haven't had this problem previously. Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mikie_gw

I dont recall ever seeing or getting a static spark on a cordless phone. And dont know what else you have that might generate static... perhaps low humidity & with some shoes and carpets, the combination will create a static shuffle and shock you elsewhere too ?

Where the phone line enters the house there is usually a grounding conductor tied to the same grounds the electrical panel use. Typically looped to a metal water pipe and usually a ground rod.

You might look around and see if one of those grounds has come loose or been weed wackered.

    Bookmark   March 9, 2007 at 8:00AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Where to buy cassettes for music
We still play cassettes in two of our old cars. I need...
loralee
transfer hi8 tapes from sony ccd-trv98 to mac ??
Hi ~ What is the best and fastest way to transfer Hi8...
kathybeachgirl
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
Humidifier or Air Purifier?
I have been transfered to this city, with a small-size...
walker1846
Sounds like a fan going bad
I have a Magnavox 50ML8105D/17 (DLP-TV)..there is a...
tribefan53
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™