Stablizer info

thelmaleeJune 12, 2004

I am just learning and have MUCH to learn. Do you use stablizer with everything you embroider. A lot of cotton seems to have enough sizing to embroider without added stablizer. I also need an explanation of the various types of stablizers.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stitchntime9

I'm sure if you go to the manufacturers' and well-known on-line web sites, they will have a chart with the different types of stabilizers and when to use them.

It is always a good idea to use a stabilizer of some type. If you run some test samples on your machine with and without a stabilizer of some type underneath, you will automatically see the difference in the stitching and finished product. You can spray starch a piece of fabric only so much.

It has gotten to the point where I use stabilizers when doing decorative stitching on a regular sewing machine...the stitching is much nicer.

Bookmark   June 13, 2004 at 7:48AM
DianaU

I agree with stitchntime about always using a stabilizer. even if it's those rolls of thin paper used in heirloom sewing. I know it seems like such a waste of money to embroider and then just tear or cut away the stabilizer but the look of your project will really be enhanced.

I too routinely use stabilizer for any decorative stitching along hems or plackets. It's really worth it.

Bookmark   June 16, 2004 at 11:07AM
chris45

here's a link to the best chart i've seen that shows which needles & stabliziers to use for various fabrics.

Here is a link that might be useful: diamondthreadworks

Bookmark   June 26, 2004 at 6:20AM
msmeow

Thanks, Chris! That is great info to have!

Bookmark   June 30, 2004 at 1:29PM
More Discussions
Babylock Palette v9
Help! After a windows 8 update today, my card reader/writer...
kyserparker
thread breakage
Help please. I have a Futura CE200. All was well. Have...
crittersareme
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software
Hi all, I have recently decided to try out the embroidery...
MaryPrim
Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner
Does anyone have a Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner...
redpenny
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™