Cheaper to pay someone or learn to do it myself?

bleedingtreeJune 14, 2005

I am a web designer with heavy experience in Photoshop. None of that means a thing, however, when I read on how to digitize my logo.

I have a local person who can digitize it for $60. I will want my logo in different colors. Will I have to pay that for each color.

Also, how difficult a transition is it to go from web designer (very little print background) to someone who can digitize his own stuff? I understand that there is a special set of software and a "box" I need to do so....I just don't know what all is involved.

Is it more effient just to have someone else do it for me?

Thanks...Bryan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msmeow

Not to mention that the least expensive true digitizing software I have seen is about $300, and most of the proprietary softwares (that go with specific brands of sewing machines) run more like $1000 and up.

Bookmark   June 22, 2005 at 12:01PM
keepeminstitches

My software UPGRADE was $1300! I vote for having someone do it.

Bookmark   July 9, 2005 at 9:15PM
karenmc

I did this logo for this guy for $25 and after two months he still hasn't paid me. He told me a check was in the mail but, never received anything, now he refuses to answer my emails. I thought I was doing him a favor, the other person that was going to do it, was going to charge $60. Guess not.

Karen Castillo
Karen's Digitizing

Bookmark   August 16, 2005 at 7:56PM
karenmc

Bleedingtree did pay me for the logo, some kind of mix up. Thanks

Karen

Bookmark   August 22, 2005 at 1:36PM
chrisstitch

Pay someone to do it for you! $60 is a reasonable fee. This skill is not for everyone and is very time consuming. It is fun for some people and a nightmare for most.Chris

Bookmark   August 13, 2006 at 6:32AM
keepeminstitches

My favorite story is an acquaintance asked me to machine embroider a large monogram and put the year on her quilt block, so I did. She gave me a nightlight. The second one I did, she gave me two homemade cookies. The third, nothing, so I told her that for future ones I would hafta charge $5 to cover thread, stabilizer, time, etc. Haven't heard from her since. Unbelievable!!!

Bookmark   August 13, 2006 at 11:03AM
More Discussions
thread breakage
Help please. I have a Futura CE200. All was well. Have...
crittersareme
PE Design Software
I lost my PE design2 when I changed computers.I am...
Jmyelou
separate forum for hand embroidery?
anyone else think this would be a good idea? machine...
mollyjanea
Wanting to know more about machine embroidery
A friend brought back from France a really beautiful...
Ennoh
Help with embroidery
I just recieved the Brothers SE400 sewing and embroidery...
JordonWalker0722
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™