Brother PE190D new user any advice?

mertleJune 10, 2007

Hi everyone, stumbled across this forum and it's wonderful!

I have just bought a new PE190D on sale and waiting for it to be delivered.

Does anyone on here use one or have used one in the past and have any advice for the beginner?

I plan on getting the PE basic software and card reader from Ebay and some designs from the net to try out with it too.

Thanks for any help or info on this machine, I can't wait to start my new hobby!!!!

Kerri

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stitchntime9

Thoroughly read that manual several times before you start and then start practicing the manual from page 1.

Because of technology, today's machines aren't exactly your grandmother's old machine.

There are many free designs to download to practice with so I would start with the freebies first plus what is installed on your machine.

Brother is pretty good about giving you a starter kit. You do need extra needles, stabilizer, machine embroidery thread (a few spools to start), and practice fabric.

There is probably a Brother group on Yahoo groups you may want to join...they have a wealth of knowledge about your machine and embroidery methods as this site isn't that active should you need help.

Bookmark   June 11, 2007 at 1:56AM
Islay_Corbel

Go to the MArtha Pullen website and look for the machine embroidery forum. Lots of very experienced people there.

Bookmark   June 11, 2007 at 2:49AM
misskittycatbrizzy

Hi kerri I have one it is fantastic here is a link you will have the best fun when you get your ped basic good luck with it all it is simple and easy to use!!!!! Amanda

Here is a link that might be useful: pe190d embroidery machine & ped basic for sale

Bookmark   July 20, 2007 at 2:47AM
More Discussions
Hand Embroidery Tips & Techniques
I came across this site earlier today and wanted to...
lola8325 zone5KS
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software
Hi all, I have recently decided to try out the embroidery...
MaryPrim
Deco 330 downloads
Is there a way to transfer from computer to the Deco 330...
dixiebelleAR
Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner
Does anyone have a Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner...
redpenny
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™