Insteon, ZWave, Zigbee or something else?
our new house is under construction and we are looking for some home automation options. The builder provided options are almost nil so this would have to happen after closing.
- Not looking to spend a huge amount or something with monthly fee.
- Control from remote location would be nice but not important (in house control would work for us).
- iOS/Android support over wi-fi would be great.
- I am tech savvy and would prefer to manage the programming on my own but would need help with hardware installation.
Things we are looking to control
1) Recessed lights (about 16 of them)
2) Two Thermostats
3) Main door lock / deadbolt
4) Garage doors
Which of the technologies above would be worth looking in to? I am guessing Creston/Control 4 would require professional setup and expensive too?
Would greatly appreciate any help as we are moving in to the house in Spring.