6WBM - The Diet Club - ?? Answered

emmesMarch 18, 2010

Sorry for posting this - but once I logged in, I couldn't find the link I needed to get back! ; )

Info:

I'd like to answer a few questions about the 6 Week Body Makeover (Michael Thurmond) as I am a Type E and have been on the plan for 4 days and have lost 7 lbs so far.

1. To find out your "body blueprint", follow this link and answer all of the questions honestly. There is no wrong answer - just the answer best suited for you.

http://www.mybodymakeover.com/tools_for_success/body_blueprinting.quiz.aspx

2. Yes, being a "salt-a-holic" myself was the hardest thing to give up. Personally, I limit myself to (2) salt packets (189mg salt each) per week. You'll realize that you were oversalting everything, believe me. Just a little salt goes a long way. I don't recommend this to anyone, just saying what I do.

There is a spice by Benson's that is salt/potassium free. Here is the site to try the "table tasty" salt substitute: http://www.bensonsgourmetseasonings.com/

** NOTE: I would NOT recommend using any other salt substitutes because they have either sodium or potassium - neither of which are approved on this plan.

3. Cooking with water (or wine) instead of oil or butter was a big transition for me as well, but I'm finding that being a Type E - steak/chicken - marinating the meats in Mrs. Dash (very low sodium - 15mg/svg) or white wine for a couple of hours makes them very tasty.

4. Recipes are all over the forums! Once you copy/paste the link below, go to "Recipe Exchange".

http://forums.provida.com/6weekbodymakeover/default.html

I was not a fan of red meat before this diet, but I'm determined to stick with it because I've seen drastic results - not so much pound wise as how I FEEL.

It's hard to describe, but after a couple of days, you actually feel like your fat is melting. Your legs, hips, behind, tummy starts shrinking and your clothes fit so much better even after losing 5 lbs! I'm sure I've 'shrunk' in inches.

Best of luck to all of you who decide to make this plan a part of your life. We all 'fudge' a little, the point is to get back on the plan and don't beat yourself up over it. Having this forum is a wonderful thing. Knowing you have someone to tell your success/failure to helps tremendously.

(( hugs ))

The Diet Club (Garden Web)

http://www.thathomesite.com/forums/load/dietclub/msg071342598613.html?29

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tikanis

I have questions of my own about THIS post....

Bookmark   March 29, 2010 at 9:42PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pattyanni

My hubby and I have been working this program for a little over 6 weeks and have lost 25 and 20 pounds respectively. It takes some adjustment - I am a bread/butter/sauce person, which is precisely why I needed this program. The biggest change is in how my clothes fit and how much more energy I have. We sometimes get tired of chicken and I don't eat fish, so that is limiting. Lack of salt was a problem at first, but after a while you start really tasting food again. Carrots are SOOOO sweet! We bake chicken using a little salt-free broth, water or white wine and then cut them into portions and refrigerate. I bake medium-sized red potatoes, sweet potatoes and steam fresh veggies. I boil eggs and then we use the whites in the morning, replacing the yolk (which our dogs find a great treat!) with fresh homemade salsa. I make our meals daily (lunches and snacks for workdays) picking from what I prepare over the weekend. It IS work, but like we tell people who ask, this is not a diet... it is a new way of eating. We will work the plan for a loss of another 20 pounds and then go on maintenance. I don't think we could ever go back to eating the way we did before!

Bookmark   April 18, 2010 at 1:05PM
More Discussions
Dieting Weekly Support 11 - 16 Nov
Good Morning Everyone, In Canada this is our Remembrance...
mcpeg
the fast diet
i'm trying it with great optimism....really makes sense...
mmajicmann
Appetite is out of control, want to lose 25LBS
Hi, I have tried many diets and exercises, many pills,...
koolkelley
Atkins Diet Treat
I am hoping this little treat helps someone. I know...
sameboat
Ideal protien diet
Has anyone tried this diet? I have a friend that tried...
sandi
Sponsored Products
Scheherazade 12-Light Pendant in Aged Dark Bronze Finish and Hand Blown Glass in
Bellacor
MaxLite RR83430W 8 inch can LED Retrofit, 3000K
EnvironmentalLights.com
Tribeca Chandelier by ELK Lighting
$670.00 | Lumens
Hughes Swivel Chair - Lucky Turquoise Blue
Joybird Furniture
Kichler 339210WH Sterling Manor Select 52 in. Indoor Ceiling Fan - White - 33921
$106.72 | Hayneedle
52" Minka Aire New Era Energy Star Brshd Nickel Ceiling Fan
Lamps Plus
Organic Turkish Cotton 6-piece Towel Set
Overstock.com
Addison ross black faux croc picture frame
Origin Crafts
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™