Magnovox 19x613 picture problem

mfuhrmanMarch 26, 2008

The picture on the Magnovox 19x613 began acting strangely. When I would turn on the TV, the picture would be scrambled. Perfect sound, but the picture would have horizontal lines as if the horizontal hold was out of sync. After the TV was one for a few minutes, the picture would adjust and come in perfectly clear. Over time, warming up the TV no longer mattered. The picture remains scrambled as if the horizontal hold is messed up. The sound is fine, its just the picture. I have read a number of posts and it sounds like it could be a resistor on the CRT circut board. Of course, the resistors on my circut board are numbered differently from those referenced in other posts. So, I need some one who has experience with this model TV to lend me some advise. I hate to trash the TV if all I need to do is solder a replacement resistor. Any one have any advise for this rookie electrical engineer? Thanks in advance for your time and attention.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mfuhrman

Pee Wee, I was hoping you'd be around to offer me some assistance. You've been so helpful to others. Are you still out there?

Bookmark   March 27, 2008 at 11:29AM
More Discussions
seek expert on plug-in wax-tart warmers
I bought this plug-in tart warmer via the Net, made-in-china,...
jally
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
stoveguyy
OTA, I'm Back
I got rid of cable and now am using a converterbox...
boothbay
cinemax
we have cinemax on our cable tv service. we dont pay...
stoveguyy
50" dlp tv
Here is a picture of the whole part...
tribefan53
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™