instaling Adobe flash player 10 help please

maidinmontanaMarch 3, 2009

I can't for the life of me figure out why I can't instal this. When I try to use a video or something that requires "flash" I get an error message saying I need to instal flash player 9 or higher. When I go to *my programs* it is installed.

I click on the download on the Adobe page, I click *run* it shows the progress of the instalation, and says instalation is complete when you see the video above (I never see the video)

I have been to the troubleshooting page on Adobe, I have reset my registry files (they say they may be corrupt and this is a common problem when errors occur during instalation. I adjusted the Active X controls as they suggested, to no avail.

I used to have this instaled on my PC, how it got removed/changed I don't know.

I get no assistance from Adobe when I contact them via e-mail.

Anyone schooled in this that would like to lend some help I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks,

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pjb999

Going back to my tech support days, you need to clear your flash cache, if you are on a page containing flash you can right click on it and get into your flash control panel that way, there might even be a control panel for it settings>control panels, lastly if I recall somewhere on the adobe flash download page I think on the left there is some sort of settings option there, click on it and it'll have a bunch of tabs. You probably want to clear the cache out and see if that helps.

You could also try add/remove programs, uninstall it, reinstall/reboot.

Have you edited your registry before? Did you back it up first, to a separate disk? You can do very bad things messing with your registry if something goes wrong.

Bookmark   March 3, 2009 at 3:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jamesntn

I had this problem and tried everything, and I mean everything to no avail...Finally I went to "tools" and unchecked 'Active X controls" No more problems after that.

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 10:01AM
More Discussions
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
50" dlp tv
Here is a picture of the whole part...
tribefan53
plug-in 15w bulb caused sticky mess (wax melt)
Stupid me, I bought a plug-in wax melter / tart-warmer...
jally
transfer hi8 tapes from sony ccd-trv98 to mac ??
Hi ~ What is the best and fastest way to transfer Hi8...
kathybeachgirl
vizio xvt473sv dead
I have a 4 year old VIZIO XVT473SV that now has NO...
thew60
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™