Camcorder for presentation videos?
I'm about to purchase a digital camcorder at work. My budget is small ($550 tops!) so I can't even look at professional quality machines. Mostly I'll be using it for short clips (3-5 minutes) to insert into Power Point presentations for safety, customer service and performance standards training.
I've never shopped for a camcorder before and don't really know what I need to look for.
- High def? Why not, right?
- Flash memory instead of hard drive? Seems like a good idea.
- Face recognition for better definition? Again, why wouldn't I want that? But do I need it? I don't know.
- Since I'll be shooting almost entirely inside, I'm concerned because so many reviews say a particular camcorder's performance in low light is terrible. But I haven't found one in this price range that says it has great low light capability! Am I doomed to dragging my subjects out into the bright Florida sunlight?
- How significant is battery life? It sounds like it's terrible for most of them so will I want to purchase extra battery packs? Are there other options to increasing battery life?
Anyone have any advice they can share about this? Specific recommendations are welcome, of course.
Thanks in advance for your help!