Sure the Deck is protected now, BUT

graciecraftMay 21, 2002

My sweet husband? also sprayed weather seal on the house, and on other stuff! I tried soap, vinegar, oxyclean, simple green, the list goes on. the only thing I have found to actually work is acetone! Another word for that is fingernail polish, used to get rid of paint! There goes the house paint at the same time I take off the weather seal. Anybody have any ideas? I would have to go to the paint store and match up the color and repaint, a total mess! Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Geoff

Be nice to him - he's your only husband, correct? stuff happens sometimes. I think the answer is what you said - try to get some matching paint mixed and repaint.

Bookmark   May 22, 2002 at 10:33AM
mpeery1096

Geoff,
You could be a marriage counselor. What an excellent way to look at this situation. I wish all posters had your sense of "the scheme of things." Thanks for being a voice of reason. Gracie you weren't at all unreasonable, but Geoff did come up with the best "solution." Take care, Mary

Bookmark   June 6, 2002 at 10:48PM
twelvepole

You might also contact the manufacturer of the sealant for recommendations. Next time you apply sealer cover and tape off areas that may be exposed to the product.

Bookmark   June 16, 2002 at 12:22AM
More Discussions
Termites? Or what is it....... Oh no!
Okay I was adding a small entry door to my garage (have...
jeffpas
Strange 'fishy' smell
Hello all - My parents are having an issue with a somewhat...
tarajen
Any young ladies feeling like you don't have a voice?
I moved in to my grandparents home. I am updating it....
avadoone
Dealing with a crazy neighbor
Condensed version: My neighbor aggressively pounds...
dtxgal
appliance mfg's & Home owner's ins.
Long story short, I had a water leak in a less than...
gardenerlorisc_ia
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™