memory card/software advice?

holly830May 13, 2008

Hello! I am desperately seeking a simple answer to this question that I can't seem to resolve. I have a Brother SE-270D and all I would like to do is to have the ability to embroider larger fonts (3",4" letters). What is the easiest, most cost effective way to do this and do I need the large hoop as well. I currently am using the pre-programed fonts on the machine and the medium hoop and the largest letter I can create is around 2". I would greatly appreciate any advice! Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sew_clueless_emb2

Maybe try calling a sewing machine shop, (one that offers classes, they have hands on experience) that sells your model for help? Hope that works for you.

Bookmark   June 27, 2008 at 6:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
laurielu

What software are you using? I use PE-Design 3 and Generations. Both of these support the True Type Fonts that come on your computer and are totally scaleable to different sizes.

As far as using a larger hoop, that would depend on how much text you are embroidering. But again, using a larger hoop *may* involve some tweaking with the design in your digitizing software.

HTH,
Laurielu

Bookmark   June 28, 2008 at 2:36AM
More Discussions
hand embroidery needle HELP!!!
Hi! I need to find a specific type of embroidery needle:...
elenatogn
Pfaff 5D software
Hello, I am purchasing a Pfaff 2140 machine at a local...
byrdgirl65
Brother PC8500 Memory Card
I recently acquired a Brother PC8500. As this is my...
rschum6718
Machine embroidery
I have a white 3300 embroidery machine I cannot figure...
Papillons
Wanting to know more about machine embroidery
A friend brought back from France a really beautiful...
Ennoh
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™