designer 1 upgrade to usb port

bridgetroseMay 22, 2013

I have recently upgraded to the usb port on the Designer 1 machine . I have a lot of designs on floppy discs . My question is , can these designs be transferred on to any memory stick or do I have to purchase a Husqvarna memory stick?
thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dancingirl_gw

Absolutely! All you need is a computer w/floppy drive---or external floppy drive. Insert your floppy disk, save the designs to a folder already set up and named (how about 'Floppy designs') on your computer (I use My Documents). Just choose to "MOVE TO FOLDER" or COPY TO FOLDER if you want to keep the floppies as back-up. Now the designs are in your computer for sorting into category folders....and you can ''copy'' your choices to the memory stick for stitching out. Eeezy Peeezy. I would save my floppies just in case of computer crash--or whatever. If you don't have a drive, one can be bought for about $20 bucks or less. I got 2 of them from ebay for about $24. My machine uses the floppies and cards. My Bro service person told me I could not do a USB upgrade. Double drat!
Hope this is the answer you were looking for.

Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 7:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dancingirl_gw

So sorry! I mis-read your question about "ANY" memory stick. Now that, I do not know. Some machines use their own 'branded' drives. It is a question you should ask the people who converted the machine.

Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 4:45PM
More Discussions
Machine embroidery
I have a white 3300 embroidery machine I cannot figure...
Papillons
beginner to embroidery, need help!
I just purchased and received today, a Brother SE400...
abshelby
Help!! Anyone have a Brother SE-270D embroidery unit?!
Help! I made a huge mistake. I knew nothing about sewing...
Caitmon
thread breakage
Help please. I have a Futura CE200. All was well. Have...
crittersareme
Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software
Hi all, I have recently decided to try out the embroidery...
MaryPrim
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™