HV designer 1 embroidery problem

bettyk_2007April 21, 2007

I am a new owner of a Husqvarna Viking Designer 1 USB machine. I am having problems with embroidery. I have transferred downloaded designs onto the dongle, but when I insert the dongle into the machine, I cannot view the designs. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? The only thing I can view from the dongle menu is menus 1,2,3,and 4 which contain the 3 alphabets and embroidery designs which came with the machine. I have downloaded designs from the HV website and have purchased designs from other sites, and I just can't figure out how to use them now. The shop where I purchased the machine is great, but it's an hour's drive away. Thanks for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Islay_Corbel

I don't have your machine so I can only give you a few suggestions. Firstly, are you sure that the designs are in the correct format? Secondly, is there a specific folder on the dongle where they must be saved?
If you don't get any joy on this forum, go to the Martha Pullen embroidery forum - very active and knowledgeable.

Bookmark   April 22, 2007 at 3:00AM
bobbin313

In order to save the designs to your USB stick so that they can be read by your machine, you must add them using the disk manager.

HTH,
Bobi

Bookmark   April 26, 2007 at 11:20PM
texashottie

I have the Designer SE, but I think this still holds true: I don't think you are supposed to download onto your "dongle." The "dongle" stays in your USB port on your computer when you're managing your design. Use your red USB stick to download onto, then to transfer the design to your sewing machine.

Bookmark   July 21, 2007 at 3:48PM
lindrah

When I purchased the Customizing & Dig software package, it was supposed to come with a dongle. Well, it didn't and I never used it because I was so busy then and using the machine was just for sewing. Anyone know where a dongle can be purchased? Viking never replies to any of the 50+ posts I've sent them asking. I'd never buy another, that's for sure. Totally disappointed.

Bookmark   July 22, 2007 at 10:33AM
texashottie

Go to your Husqvarna-Viking dealer and get one. Or ask them about it and they'll order it for you. They are usually in all JoAnn Fabric stores.

Bookmark   July 26, 2007 at 9:37AM
More Discussions
P E Design v4.02 software question
I bought a used emb. machine exactly like one I already...
dancingirl_gw
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
Singer Quantum XL-6000
Hello everyone, This is a rant on Singer Quantum XL-6000...
ruby1942
Help!! Anyone have a Brother SE-270D embroidery unit?!
Help! I made a huge mistake. I knew nothing about sewing...
Caitmon
Machine embroidery
I have a white 3300 embroidery machine I cannot figure...
Papillons
Sponsored Products
Large Oval Wall Clock
$116.95 | Bellacor
Cattelan Italia | Glenn Dining Table
YLiving.com
SLV Lighting | Rusty Slot 80 Outdoor Bollard
$528.00 | YLighting
Runner Rug: Aledo Beige 2' 6" x 8'
Home Depot
Flower Motif Glass Shade Bronze Finished Iron Base Floor Lamp
ParrotUncle