HV designer 1 embroidery problem

bettyk_2007April 21, 2007

I am a new owner of a Husqvarna Viking Designer 1 USB machine. I am having problems with embroidery. I have transferred downloaded designs onto the dongle, but when I insert the dongle into the machine, I cannot view the designs. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? The only thing I can view from the dongle menu is menus 1,2,3,and 4 which contain the 3 alphabets and embroidery designs which came with the machine. I have downloaded designs from the HV website and have purchased designs from other sites, and I just can't figure out how to use them now. The shop where I purchased the machine is great, but it's an hour's drive away. Thanks for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Islay_Corbel

I don't have your machine so I can only give you a few suggestions. Firstly, are you sure that the designs are in the correct format? Secondly, is there a specific folder on the dongle where they must be saved?
If you don't get any joy on this forum, go to the Martha Pullen embroidery forum - very active and knowledgeable.

Bookmark   April 22, 2007 at 3:00AM
bobbin313

In order to save the designs to your USB stick so that they can be read by your machine, you must add them using the disk manager.

HTH,
Bobi

Bookmark   April 26, 2007 at 11:20PM
texashottie

I have the Designer SE, but I think this still holds true: I don't think you are supposed to download onto your "dongle." The "dongle" stays in your USB port on your computer when you're managing your design. Use your red USB stick to download onto, then to transfer the design to your sewing machine.

Bookmark   July 21, 2007 at 3:48PM
lindrah

When I purchased the Customizing & Dig software package, it was supposed to come with a dongle. Well, it didn't and I never used it because I was so busy then and using the machine was just for sewing. Anyone know where a dongle can be purchased? Viking never replies to any of the 50+ posts I've sent them asking. I'd never buy another, that's for sure. Totally disappointed.

Bookmark   July 22, 2007 at 10:33AM
texashottie

Go to your Husqvarna-Viking dealer and get one. Or ask them about it and they'll order it for you. They are usually in all JoAnn Fabric stores.

Bookmark   July 26, 2007 at 9:37AM
More Discussions
hand embroidery needle HELP!!!
Hi! I need to find a specific type of embroidery needle:...
elenatogn
Pfaff 5D software
Hello, I am purchasing a Pfaff 2140 machine at a local...
byrdgirl65
beginner to embroidery, need help!
I just purchased and received today, a Brother SE400...
abshelby
Wanting to know more about machine embroidery
A friend brought back from France a really beautiful...
Ennoh
separate forum for hand embroidery?
anyone else think this would be a good idea? machine...
mollyjanea
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™