more embroidery fonts

munymagnetApril 24, 2005

I have No. 1 brother disk but would like more fonts for variety. The ones I have downloaded require embroidering and reseting after each letter. I would like to have the option to change sizes and be able to embroidery whole words before reseting. Does anyone know where I can purchase more like the brother No. 1 disk?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wysejohn

Embird is a wonderful program to create your own words without having to import each letter and line up etc... You have to buy the "add in" alphabets (I think each one costs about $15 additional)and there are 27 different alphabet fonts. Also, another "add in" is "font engine" which will create words out of any font you currently have on your computer. You just type in the word and it is created as a file or can be added to an imported file. Embird is available for free trial download and compared to buying cards it seems relatively inexpensive. It is a little cheaper to buy from Secrets of Machine Embroidery. I dont know why, but even though the developers are not from the country I live in (USA), the support is exceptional. And as a side note..I LOVE the iconizer....it shows little pix of your file without having to open it...and even after the free download expires...the iconizer stays functional if you so desire. hth

Here is a link that might be useful: Secrets of Machine Embroidery Embird download page

Bookmark   April 24, 2005 at 10:10PM
dayenu

So it sounds like what you want is a memory card made for a brother machine. and all i know is the card you have. to get fancier you will need the converter box and software such as the amazing box or ultimate box. sorry for the bad news.

Once you decide to get the addons.... do research....embird doesn't work intuitively at all, in my opinion. if you want a rearranging resizing program i would suggest lettering pro by amazing designs.

Bookmark   April 27, 2005 at 10:39AM
munymagnet

Thanks for the info.

Bookmark   April 28, 2005 at 9:09PM
More Discussions
Bobbin Thread Rising into Embroideries
I have a new (since February) Huqsvarna Rose sewing/embroidery...
pchoench
thread breakage
Help please. I have a Futura CE200. All was well. Have...
crittersareme
Viking embroidery machine software
I am interested in purchasing embroidery designing...
kiki31348
Wanting to know more about machine embroidery
A friend brought back from France a really beautiful...
Ennoh
list of free design sites
Does anyone have a list of site that have free designs?...
crittersareme
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™