PE Design Software Help Needed

jankaystrickMarch 18, 2009

I recently purchased a new laptop computer with Windows Vista 32 bit installed. I have the original PE Design 1.1 with an upgrade to Version 6.0. According to Brother, Vista does not support version 1.1 and therefore will not run my upgrade to 6.0. They tell me that I need at least version 3.0 to be able to run my upgrade on Vista. Does anyone have a copy of 3.0 or higher that I can borrow to get my 6.0 version on my computer? I have tried to purchase a used version, but cannot find one. I will be willing to pay for it, if it isn't too expensive. The only other alternative that I have, it to buy a brand new software program, and I cannot afford to do that. I really need help! Any ideas??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
itsbarbara

Do you have the newer card reader? The software 6.0 uses a different dongle or card reader than 1.1

Bookmark   March 21, 2009 at 1:20PM
jankaystrick

Yes, I do.

Bookmark   March 23, 2009 at 2:41PM
flower1z

I have the Brother 4000D. Could some one please help me. I just need a little help. Sewing machine stores do not have the time to step by step and help. I can not transfer the free designs to the machine. I down load them into my PC-- vista and there they sit. they don't show up when I click on them, I have no idea what Im doing wrong. I can take a CD and get the design and have no problem. I didn't think I had to get softwear to down load the designs do I?, I also have a pc 8500 with the pe desig--(NO)-- brother does not have a up grade to use it on the vista. I could only use it on the xp. It is worthless now.

Bookmark   April 14, 2009 at 9:00PM
smb1254_hotmail_com

HELP!!! My machine tells me that my brother rewriter card cannot be used. I used the same card last week. It worked just fine.

Bookmark   May 2, 2011 at 10:20AM
dancingirl_gw

Hi Jankaystrick..I just saw your post--it is old, but I wonder if you ever solved your P E problem because I have version 4 and version 5.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 8:13PM
More Discussions
Viking embroidery machine software
I am interested in purchasing embroidery designing...
kiki31348
Help!! Anyone have a Brother SE-270D embroidery unit?!
Help! I made a huge mistake. I knew nothing about sewing...
Caitmon
separate forum for hand embroidery?
anyone else think this would be a good idea? machine...
mollyjanea
New to Machine Embroidery...Brother Innovis 4000D
Hi Everyone: I have just discovered this forum and...
SewReel
Babylock Palette v9
Help! After a windows 8 update today, my card reader/writer...
kyserparker
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™