New Hummel Design CD

keepeminstitchesMarch 9, 2006

Pfaff has a new licensed Hummel design CD. It has 6 machine embroidery designs and the Mettler threads for $75.00 retail. I asked my dealer if she would sell it without the thread (I use Isacord and have almost every one of the 300+ colors they make), and she said that to do so could cause Pfaff to pull her license to sell their products if they found out.

Very nice designs...some of the ones I remember from my great-uncle's collection of statues.

I have the first Pfaff Hummel kit with 21 designs, and they stitch out very nicely.

Mary

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stitchntime9

Apparently the price is dropping because when I checked last year, it was the same setup, designs and thread, for twice the price. The CD is universal for everyone to use. Like you my bone to pick is you have to get the thread kit. The other is that out of all those designs, there were two I hadn't done over a 20 year period.

Also at that time, the dealer and I had a discussion about face colors...i.e., the face colors are a bit off because they digitized the original paintings and sketches that probably hadn't been cleaned or restored in years.

I do the hand cross-stitch Hummels, have both licensed books, and just bought three more kits I didn't have. One wall is Hummel Haven with the designs I have completed.

I also have the statues--to think this all started with a 5" Mother's Darling (now retired statue) I inherited from my grandmother.

Bookmark   March 21, 2006 at 3:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
keepeminstitches

The first kit from Pfaff has 21 designs plus thread, retails for $150. The new kit has only 6 designs for $75, including the thread.

Mary

Bookmark   March 21, 2006 at 5:57PM
More Discussions
Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software
Hi all, I have recently decided to try out the embroidery...
MaryPrim
Making letters
What is the best way to make my letters and words even?...
tim45z10
list of free design sites
Does anyone have a list of site that have free designs?...
crittersareme
Machine embroidery
I have a white 3300 embroidery machine I cannot figure...
Papillons
Problem with HAINA machine (Tajima clone)
2 years ago I bought a 1 head 12 needles embroidery...
elis.g
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™