Aligning monograms - alphabet letters

classynsassyMarch 26, 2006

I have collected lots of alphabets (JEF format) and love them; however, if a create 3 letter monogram or a name I cannot bring the individual letters into one file, neatly aligned and save to my memory card for my Janome 300e.

Monogram Wizard uses only their monograms and, as I understand, Melco Sizer doesn't yet allow you to work with JEFs.

I love to monogram but want to do more than single letters - need some help, please

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joansews4u

Does your machine have an on screen edit feature where you can bring them up & set letter by letter? Mine does, then a select mode where I can move them around in all kinds of directions. Once I get them where I want them, I can save it for future use.

Bookmark   March 26, 2006 at 6:59PM
AuntMary

I use Embird to merge patterns and create monograms. It is a great program and not too expensive.

Bookmark   March 28, 2006 at 9:50PM
Islay_Corbel

I also vote for embird. You can get a 30 day free trial, and it does so much for you. Go to the link below. The lady who owns this site is really helpful too.

Here is a link that might be useful: my embroidery haven

Bookmark   March 29, 2006 at 1:57AM
classynsassy

Thanks all for the advice. My machine does have an onscreen edit feature, but I find that the alphabet letters do not always align just right (one letter may be spaced diferently from another). I understand the Dakota Sizer will do what I need (IF) it allows editing and saving of JEF's. Again, thank, I'm investigating all your advice.

Bookmark   March 31, 2006 at 8:21AM
More Discussions
hand embroidery needle HELP!!!
Hi! I need to find a specific type of embroidery needle:...
elenatogn
Help!! Anyone have a Brother SE-270D embroidery unit?!
Help! I made a huge mistake. I knew nothing about sewing...
Caitmon
Brother PC8500 Memory Card
I recently acquired a Brother PC8500. As this is my...
rschum6718
Brother 270D
Hi to all, I may be the new owner of a Brother 270D...
byrdgirl65
separate forum for hand embroidery?
anyone else think this would be a good idea? machine...
mollyjanea
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™