Broken Mercury Thermometer
Last night my DD had a 100.2 temp so this am I went to take her temp and dropped the mercury thermometer on the granite counter! My digital needed a battery so I was using this old one instead.
I looked up on the net how to clean it up and it got me really upset. Seemed like I needed everyone to evacuate and put on a haz mat suit.
I wore gloves and pushed the mercury beads (that I could find) into a glass jar. I used tape to pick up the really little ones. Then I washed down the whole countertop and washed down my wood floor around it.
Hopefully, I got it all but who really knows?