Home Security Solution

ottertailFebruary 26, 2011

I am looking for a outdoor video camera that is wireless, solar powered, Apple compatable, and accessible via the internet. Do you have a recommendation?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yosemitebill

I don't know what kind of wireless distance, video resolution, field of view, and outdoor weather resistance you are looking for, but I think about as close as you are going to get may be one of the Panasonic IP video cameras.

Wireless that uses the typical analog or digital signal and 2.4 GHz camera/receiver setup is often unusable in many if not most indoor and virtually all outdoor applications. IP based with a wireless network buys you a little more range but are still not very reliable.

As far as solar powered, I have not seen a packaged system yet but a solar panel/battery system to power the camera could probably be put together for a couple hundred dollars in materials.

Internet accessibility is typical on IP cameras for network/internet use and most always include free DNS website service.

While viewing over the internet should be operating system agnostic, I have seen some that would only display on IE and not FireFox on a PC.

Bookmark   February 26, 2011 at 7:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
richardchampion

more advanced electronic security systems used for surveillance and monitoring but only WDR cameras stand out as the best and most practical solution to badly lighted or washed out videos and images.

Bookmark   May 31, 2013 at 12:54AM
More Discussions
transfer hi8 tapes from sony ccd-trv98 to mac ??
Hi ~ What is the best and fastest way to transfer Hi8...
kathybeachgirl
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
jally
modem switch, ethernets, and extension cables
Hi, I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction....
jally
Lost sound on my computer.
Once again I need your help. I have been persuaded...
ronalawn82
hdmi connection
i have a hd tv but standard cable. no hd premium service....
stoveguyy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™