Using a Re-writable Card?

loree7February 14, 2005

Could someone explain how the blank re-writable cards work. Does it delete all the designs from the card each time you want to add another design?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wysejohn

I cant say how all work...but my re-writable for the husqvarna rose needs the card reader/writer box and the software to go with it...one inserts the card into the reader/writer box...opens the Reader/writer Pro NT software and import files onto it....then it overwrites everything on the card. Does that help much?

Bookmark   February 14, 2005 at 10:21PM
maryanntx

I have a Bernina and use the 200 Personal Design card. The only way a file is over-written on my card is if it has the same file name as a file already on the card. It basically works just like any other memory card. Like the cards for your camera.

Bookmark   February 15, 2005 at 12:32AM
Laura_IA

I have a Brother machine and PE Design. The software overwrites anything on the card when you write to it, so you can't "add" to it.

Bookmark   February 15, 2005 at 8:07PM
annrn

I have a Platinum Plus D-card reader writer. I used to have the Rose. With both cards you can add a design. When you READ the card on your computer and then WRITE the card, the computer will ask if it's ok to delete the current designs. That will not take the designs off the card, you have to do that manually by 1st reading the card, and then selecting the design and pressing the delete key.

Bookmark   February 18, 2005 at 9:59AM
pbutts002_woh_rr_com

I cannot get my reader writer box to work - it used to be just fine with Windows 95/98 now I have Window XP and all I get is error re "reader writer no found" reading I found something about needing updated drivers, of course I am not very good with computers can anyone shed light on this, I have tried to located husgvarna dealer in our are but have none; Thanks - just stuck!

Bookmark   June 11, 2011 at 8:20PM
More Discussions
beginner to embroidery, need help!
I just purchased and received today, a Brother SE400...
abshelby
Babylock Palette v9
Help! After a windows 8 update today, my card reader/writer...
kyserparker
Help!! Anyone have a Brother SE-270D embroidery unit?!
Help! I made a huge mistake. I knew nothing about sewing...
Caitmon
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
Hand Embroidery Tips & Techniques
I came across this site earlier today and wanted to...
lola8325 zone5KS
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™