cutting threads

disneyfanFebruary 10, 2007

Hello again,

I guess I can figure this out myself with trial and error, but thought I would ask anyway. When you embroidery something (especially a disney character) on the 270d, it makes a line to the bottom and stitches disney. Can you cut these threads? Or will the thread come loose? I don't want the line between letters on a name either and wonder if you can cut them. I guess I can make something on scap material and wash it and see. If someone already knows though, that would help.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annjellicle

I cut them (the lines between letters). I also completely cut off (well, more like de-thread) the word DISNEY from the bottom. You are probably not supposed to (legally, or whatever) but really, who's going to sue me over that? *wink* (and who in this day and age doesn't know Mickey Mouse by sight and know he's a Disney character?)

It generally won't hurt anything to snip these strings. If you are concerned about it unraveling (I haven't had this issue, but some people are extra-cautious, which is OK, too), then after you cut them you can use Fray-check, superglue or a VERY small dab of hot glue on the back where the strings came out. But, like I said, I don't do this and don't seem to have any problems.

Bookmark   February 14, 2007 at 12:18PM
More Discussions
Viking embroidery machine software
I am interested in purchasing embroidery designing...
kiki31348
Bobbin Thread Rising into Embroideries
I have a new (since February) Huqsvarna Rose sewing/embroidery...
pchoench
Wanting to know more about machine embroidery
A friend brought back from France a really beautiful...
Ennoh
Hand Embroidery Tips & Techniques
I came across this site earlier today and wanted to...
lola8325 zone5KS
Making letters
What is the best way to make my letters and words even?...
tim45z10
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™